Ghired, Conclave Exile HELP PLEASE!

x2cFalcon avatarx2cFalcon 3 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"Just to see what adjustments I can do here. I would appreciate the insight.\nhttps://archidekt.com/decks/743671#Ghired,_Rhino_Dady\n"}]}
{"ops":[{"insert":"I would avoid things that don't make tokens which are atleast AS strong as the 4/4 rhinos.....If you're going to be populating, you'll never want to populate anything smaller than that 4/4. With that being said a few things like "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Elder Gargaroth"}},{"insert":", and "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Curious Herd"}},{"insert":" come to mind. "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Garruk Wildspeaker"}},{"insert":" seems a bit weak here, and so does "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Bow of Nylea"}},{"insert":" (though the deathtouch can be neat with trample). I would definitely add another land, 35 is too low imo when your commander costs 5 mana. I would also consider a few more cards that make LARGE tokens. Maybe "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Utvara Hellkite"}},{"insert":", "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Desolation Twin"}},{"insert":", and things of that nature. So you can really maximize your populate trigger potential. Also "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Ezuri's Predation"}},{"insert":" is amazing and on theme!\n"}]}
whirlpool avatarwhirlpool 3 years
{"ops":[{"insert":{"card-link":"Desolation Twin"}},{"insert":" is TEN MANA!!!! there are better stuff that you can do.\nalso, what does imo stand for?\n"}]}
Edited 8/26/2020, 9:20:27 PM
battlesong72 avatarbattlesong72 3 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"I concur with the other commenter that "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Bow of Nylea"}},{"insert":" doesn't seem to synergize with your deck. I'd consider dropping it for "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Swiftfoot Boots"}},{"insert":" or "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Fervor"}},{"insert":"; both Ghired and the tokens scream out for haste and Ghired really needs to be protected. I ran "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Curious Herd"}},{"insert":" in my Ghired deck for a while, but it's really underwhelming and I cut it out. I'd cut it out and add a land.; your curve is on the high side and with only 6 sources of ramp and 35 lands, I can see a lot of times that you'll run short on mana. Along the same lines, I don't think "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Exploration"}},{"insert":" is a good fit for your deck as I don't know that there will be a lot of times that you'll have the extra lands in hand to use it; maybe drop that for a "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Harrow"}},{"insert":" or one of the guild signets. Ghired is 5 mana to cast once and he is a target, so you really need extra mana if you plan to take advantage of him. \nEdit: I've got my Ghired deck entered. This one is still a work in progress:\n\n"},{"attributes":{"link":"https://archidekt.com/decks/770735#Wild_Population"},"insert":"https://archidekt.com/decks/770735#Wild_Population"},{"insert":"\n"}]}
Edited 9/4/2020, 4:33:46 PM
HamDadd avatarHamDadd 3 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"This deck looks sweet, I'd recommend steering clear of token producers smaller than the rhinos unless you don't want to be populating those tokens and just want the synergy. Aim for the big stuff and maybe add one or two more pieces of ramp. Nice deck dude.\n"}]}
Feared avatarFeared 3 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"personally i would use flameshadow conjuring and the likes to cheat in creatures that you get to populate (red pig god). this gets out of hand really quickly. plus kalonian hydra is nice to populate. other than that you deck needs a lot of work. first off you are a fairly slow deck because of the high cmc of key cards. you need more instant speed removal to protect you. some cards are only good when you are ahead but do nthing when you are behind (shamanic relevation)\n"}]}