Legacy Beginner

clief03 avatarclief03 3 months
{"ops":[{"insert":"Hi, I'm currently with the tremendous struggle of satisfying myself (!) with this mono green prison list. Feel free to coment on this deck:\n"},{"attributes":{"link":"https://archidekt.com/decks/6574589"},"insert":"Sylvan Prison • (Legacy deck) • Archidekt"},{"insert":"\n\nBasically I want to acomodate cards like "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Sylvan Primordial"}},{"insert":" and "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Chancellor of the Tangle"}},{"insert":" , alongside with combos like "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Ramunap Excavator"}},{"insert":" +"},{"insert":{"card-link":"Wasteland"}},{"insert":" +"},{"insert":{"card-link":"Azusa, Lost but Seeking"}},{"insert":" \nthx for any help\n"}]}
DynamoDan avatarDynamoDan 3 months
{"ops":[{"insert":"Hi Clief03,\n\nWhile I'm no veteran of 4 of formats, I'll do my best to give an assist!\nIf I had any immediate advice, it'd be that you want to have as many 4 ofs as possible, with only the occasional 2 or 1. Currently, I would argue the deck is a bit unfocused in that regard, and therefore may, at times, struggle to do what it's trying to. \n\nAs such, here's my suggestions for some additions, cuts, sideboards and so on:\nIncrease Allosaurus Shepherd to a 2 of"},{"attributes":{"list":"bullet"},"insert":"\n"},{"insert":"Move Armored Scrapgorger to sideboard, and make it a 2 of"},{"attributes":{"list":"bullet"},"insert":"\n"},{"insert":"Make Ramunap Excavator a 2 of"},{"attributes":{"list":"bullet"},"insert":"\n"},{"insert":"Make Chancellor of the Tangle a 2 or 4 of - your discretion on that one"},{"attributes":{"list":"bullet"},"insert":"\n"},{"insert":"Trinisphere makes Lotus Petal bad, so sideboard 2 of them"},{"attributes":{"list":"bullet"},"insert":"\n"},{"insert":"As opposed to Sylvan Ranger, or perhaps in addition to it, you may find a Sakura-Tribe Elder useful, as it can act as a blocker and ramp. The benefit of the ETB is that you can Natural Order it and still get the benefit, but just a thought."},{"attributes":{"list":"bullet"},"insert":"\n"},{"insert":"Wordly Tutor potentially goes in, as it saves dumping a bunch of mana into finding a creature, and with all the pregame mana you can make, making your first draw a creature you want is quite strong (e.g, Exile an Elvish mystic in your opponent's end step to add a green and cast a WT)"},{"attributes":{"list":"bullet"},"insert":"\n"},{"insert":"Atraxa, Grand Unifier feels a bit out of place, but the refuel of your hand and the massive threat of her is undeniable"},{"attributes":{"list":"bullet"},"insert":"\n"},{"insert":"Silverback Elder feels like a decent 2 of in side board, if you end up shifting to a more mana dork focused strategy, rather than a turbo strat, but it potentially also goes in main given that it's a 5 cost with some very prison-ey cast triggers."},{"attributes":{"list":"bullet"},"insert":"\n"},{"insert":"Urza's Saga potentially goes to a 2 of, in favour of Boseiju, Who Shelters All, so that if your Alosaurus Shepherd gets removed, you can still protect your Natural Orders"},{"attributes":{"list":"bullet"},"insert":"\n"},{"insert":"With Boseiju, Who Shelters All as a 1 of, potentially running a Triome in your off colours to fetch using the Misty Rainforest (to make casting Atraxa easier) may be the way to go. there may be times where she ends up as a bit of a dud in hand, so having no way of casting her without all 4 lotus petals is sure to bite you on the ass. Alternatively, a pitch-cast elemental, such as Solitude, Endurance, Subtlety, or Grief would also somewhat solve this issue."},{"attributes":{"list":"bullet"},"insert":"\n"},{"insert":"I would recommend 2 of Noble and Ignoble Hierarch. Or at least, 1 of each. Exalted is a good keyword, and they can do some of that aforementioned Atraxa mana fixing, or other effects (such as Blood moon) that would otherwise take you off of your colours."},{"attributes":{"list":"bullet"},"insert":"\n"},{"insert":"\nSorry there's a lot! I tried to keep the spirit of the deck in mind while making my suggestions, and I would take them with a bit of a grain of salt; I'm not experienced in Legacy after all, but hopefully some of these may be of help to you, or inspire you in the right direction! Other cards to consider for Sideboard are things like Collector Ouphe, and similar effects that you sideboard in, in place of Lotus petal, against opponents that like to turbo out artifacts and things. \n\nHappy brewing!\n"}]}
clief03 avatarclief03 3 months
{"ops":[{"insert":"wow, I couldnt ask for a better review THX!\n\n"}]}