Changeling heavy horsemanship

{"ops":[{"insert":"Hi again people, appreciate all of your help and I've fixed or acquired most decks I talked about in here.\n\n"},{"attributes":{"background":"var(--light-background)","color":"var(--color)"},"insert":"I was looking into horsemanship and there wasn't a huge selection I could go off of. Though there were a couple cards that gave a certain creature type horsemanship for a span of time. Hence changeling creatures."},{"insert":"\n\nI was wondering what commander could fill the role of signing up enough colors for it to work decently while still being a help to the deck in general. I do not play cEDH though I like focus decks that can have a strong presence on the board (that's why I would like to not be blocked). \n\nIf you have ideas of must include cards in the 99 (or 98 if partner) then that would be helpful too.\n\nThank you for any advice you have, I'm actually invested on this idea.\n"}]}
DynamoDan avatarDynamoDan 3 months
{"ops":[{"insert":"Sun Quan, Lord of Wu gives your creatures horesemanship, so ideally you will want to be in blue. I believe the card costs a decent amount of money, but at the same time, all creatures you control having Horsemanship is quite funny. \n\nA commander good for an evasion focused deck, particularly in Horsemanship, would potentially be Yidris, Maelstrom Wielder; hitting an opponent to gain Cascade is incredible strong, and by making a 5/4 have evasion, you can be dishing out some pretty sweet damage throughout the game. Another good alternative would instead be focusing on value, with Horsemanship-based evasion as a win con once you have a large enough board state, using something like Kodama of the East Tree, and Sakashima of a Thousand Faces, or some other value engine in Simic+. \nA partner combo I quite like the look of is Tana, the Bloodsower and Sakahsima of a Thousand Faces, as with an evasion kit, you can make a very wide board state, which will allow all sorts of shenanigans and combat threats. As opposed to Sakashima, Thrasios is also a very good partner, as he ramps you, draws you cards, and gives you a good colour identity.\n\nWhen looking for cards to recommend, I was primarily looking in Temur (Blue, Red, Green,) as its filled with high value, combat oriented cards. Questing Beast being a notable example of this. Additionally, blue provides card draw, green provides ramp, and red gives speed, so I believe it would best suit what you are trying to do.\n\nAs for non-commander cards, you may find use of Maskwood Nexus, which will allow all your payoff creatures (typically non-changelings) to also benefit from your typal buffs that you'll be using on your changelings. \nSpecifically what payoffs those are though, not 100% sure. You may find something like Kumena good, as she gets utility from, and buffs all your merfolk (i.e all your changelings,) or perhaps Marwyn, the Nurturer, as she ramps you. \nThe balance of these payoffs to the amount of changelings needs to be in the minority though, I might state; I had a mate who made a Prismatic Bridge deck using changelings, and found that they weren't finding their changelings but had a lot of payoffs on the battlefield, and vice-versa. Slivers give lots of keywords, so 1 or 2 of those may also be quite good.\n\nI'd be happy to revisit, divulge more tech, and or cards recommendations if you find that isn't enough to work with.\nHappy brewing!\n"}]}
{"ops":[{"insert":"Thank you for the ideas. I have ran into problems with putting too many of those pay off cards in one deck before so I will keep that in mind.\n\nI wasn't able to find the card you were referring to when you mentioned \"simic\" though I did take a look at all of the others. \n\nMy first priority in the commander(s) was the color Identity because you can find horsemanship in mostly blue and white is what I'm seeing. My second priority is how the commander could help. So I did find this option for my commander even though I throw out white, I keep the other four; Saskia the unyielding. I assume you can see why I like him. \n\nThough I quite enjoy a white, blue, red combo because I can have great protection enchantments from white, amazing draw from blue and I can throw either instant damage or haste from red. \n\nThanks again!\n"}]}