I need help, it this good?

Sun_Lord avatarSun_Lord 3 months
{"ops":[{"insert":"https://archidekt.com/decks/6253551/kenrith_wubrg I need to know y'alls opinions on this\n"}]}
DynamoDan avatarDynamoDan 3 months
{"ops":[{"insert":"Hi Sun Lord! \n\nThe deck sure is expensive, and seems to have a definite chance to pop off, but I'd say that as long as people didn't just totally ignore you throughout a game, then you wouldn't be super likely to win, or really get to have your deck \"do its thing.\" Especially if they're smart enough to identify your main threats, such as Deadeye, Peregrine Drake, and hit them with a Swords or Path. Though you do have a lot of ways to oops into infinite mana. \n\nI don't mean for that to come across as harsh, but that is my impression of the deck, looking at it as it currently is. A couple of questions:\nWhy no basics?\nWhy so little ramp?\nHow would you like the deck to function/win? \nWhy so little protection/interaction and tutors?\n\nI ask these questions because based on the cards in the deck, it appears you wanna do a lot of things, but your main wincon is going to simply be making infinite mana and drawing out with Jace, but seeing as that win con is made out of 8/99 cards (4 mana gens, 3 enablers, and Jace), and you have all of 3 tutors to find them, the odds of seeing them often enough to pull of the win before others can find their interaction or win themselves isn't amazing. The reason for this being:\n You are depending on multiple key pieces which, if removed, stops the combo/win and stalls you for a turn or more,"},{"attributes":{"list":"ordered"},"insert":"\n"},{"insert":"It requires fair amount/a lot of mana to get the engine started,"},{"attributes":{"list":"ordered"},"insert":"\n"},{"insert":"You need the time to find said pieces and get said mana."},{"attributes":{"list":"ordered"},"insert":"\n"},{"insert":"In other words, while the deck may have ways to win, it seems a little... A little dependent on time? Like you'll much more oops into it than find it? To achieve those wins. I have a couple of suggestions, as I myself am an avid lover of decks trying to do many things or assemble a rather large engine; though I am personally more a fan of the Agatha overrun line, to each their own.\n\nYou need more ramp. To fit this in, you can pretty comfortably go down to 38 lands (I say 38 so John doesn't get mad at me :p ), potentially as little as 35, but I wouldn't overly recommend it. In the spaces you now have, you can fit things like Nature's Lore, Farseek, Rampant Growth, Skyshroud Claim, Three Visits, and all sorts of other great sorceries. Other premiere choices in Commander are Exploration, Joint Exploration, and Growth Spiral, as these let you play ANY land from hand, rather than having to find a particular type. I'm also a big personal fan of Recross the Paths.\n\nI'd also recommend some more protection, and potentially also interaction to stop your opponents from ruining your win, and maybe some more removal, to deal with their wins before they become a problem. To fit this, you can probably lose cards like Illusionist's Bracers, Mage Slayer, and Nexus of Fate, in favour of cards like Heroic Intervention, Tamiyo's Safekeeping, Loran's Escape, and Blacksmith's Skill. For interaction, some premiere 5C removal cards are Anguished Unmaking, Despark, Prismatic Ending, and Stroke of Midnight.\nYou may be confused as to why I would ever suggest casting Nexus of Fate, but the reason is simply that if you're ever casting it, it's after you already have infinite mana, or you're only on 7 mana, and want another turn to find and assemble the win - it's kind of a \"win more\" card rather than \"ensure the win\" card. Same reasoning for the other cuts.\n\nOverall, the deck has a definite plans, and a number of ways to achieve it, but I'm not sure whether you have the consistency or speed to get there. One other issue you may come across is that your opponents may see 1 of the pieces and realise where you're going with that list, and decide to target you first, so keep in mind that if you're playing against the same opponents repeatedly, you may end up being labelled as enemy number 1 whenever playing the deck.\n\nAnyway, sorry if this advice is a bit disjointed - I didn't have a proper look at the deck before starting writing, so I had to go back and correct stuff as I went through, so yeah.\n\nHappy brewing!\n"}]}
John_Sherwood avatarJohn_Sherwood 3 months
{"ops":[{"insert":"It looks like an amalgamation of 100 goodstuff cards, and maybe some of your pet cards on the side. Why not go all in on goodstuff and run fast mana?\n\nAlso "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Braid of Fire"}},{"insert":" is busted in Kenrith decks.\n"}]}
DynamoDan avatarDynamoDan 3 months
{"ops":[{"insert":"I do love Braid of Fire. I wanted to put it in my Zada deck too, before I properly learned how the mana pool works. I still kinda want to though\n"}]}
Edited 1/22/2024, 4:52:37 AM