Chisiro Precon Upgrade - Budget Suggestions

ChaseMe avatarChaseMe 3 months
{"ops":[{"insert":"Started playing EDH again after building decks throughout the pandemic but not playing since 2020. I bought this "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Chishiro, the Shattered Blade"}},{"insert":" precon and upgraded it with cards I had laying around in some boxes. Looking for overall suggestions on the deck. Played for the first time on Spelltable this last week.\n\n"},{"attributes":{"link":"https://archidekt.com/decks/2449638/rg_chishiro_precon_upgrade"},"insert":"RG | Chishiro: Precon Upgrade • (Commander / EDH deck) • Archidekt"},{"insert":"\n\nQuestions:\n The Cut: Are there any card's that don't fit or you would take out? "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Nissa, Voice of Zendikar"}},{"insert":" is the one I'm thinking of the most right now. Maybe "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Towashi Guide-Bot"}},{"insert":"."},{"attributes":{"list":"ordered"},"insert":"\n"},{"insert":"Budget Ads: Card suggestions that are budget. Looking for card suggestions under $5ish dollars. I have a large maybe board going. Trying to lower the curve a bit."},{"attributes":{"list":"ordered"},"insert":"\n"},{"insert":"Power Level Thoughts: Not sure what 'level' this deck would be. Let me know your thoughts. Feel free to add comments directly in the deck. Spell table seems very concerned with this."},{"attributes":{"list":"ordered"},"insert":"\n"}]}
John_Sherwood avatarJohn_Sherwood 3 months
{"ops":[{"insert":"Cut Nissa."},{"attributes":{"list":"ordered"},"insert":"\n"},{"insert":"Add "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Inspiring Call"}},{"insert":" ."},{"attributes":{"list":"ordered"},"insert":"\n"},{"insert":"Power level is arbitrary and pointless. Try talking to the table about indicators like tutors and combos, and the number of turns a deck takes to present a threat."},{"attributes":{"list":"ordered"},"insert":"\n"},{"insert":"\n"}]}
DynamoDan avatarDynamoDan 3 months
{"ops":[{"insert":"Hi ChaseMe!\n\nWelcome back to the wild world of Commander! In case no one has told you yet, some versions of the Chishiro pre-con were illegal out of the box due to a printing error - they had 2 Wooded Ridgelines, or some other non-basic RG land. \n\nTo get to the questions though:\n\n"},{"attributes":{"underline":true,"bold":true},"insert":"Cuts and adds"},{"insert":"\nI'd say keeping Towashi Guide-Bot is honestly fine. It's not the greatest, but it's not bad. However, if you have a bit more of a +1/+1 theme than not, it probably loses its place to something like Mindless Automaton. \nI'd also honestly cut Hellkite Charger. Something like a Moraug, Fury of Akoum does effectively the same thing, without having to attack, while providing a buff to attacking creatures. \nAs fun as he is, I would also cut Kosei, as he's too much investment to activate, given he requires 3 modifications. The payoff is admittedly nuts though. Instead, I'd recommend a Laelia, the Blade Reforged, as she modifies herself, and synergises with other cards that exile top cards of your library or exile from your graveyard. \nI'd potentially replace Concord with the Kami with a Court of Garenbrig, but it is admittedly quite good, so if you like it then you could instead replace the Krenko with the Court. I'm personally a fan of Krenko, as he self-modifies, poops out 1/1s, and is a cheap creature, but if you're not likin what he's doing then the Court is for your.\nYou may find a Sakura-Tribe Elder isn't as good as a Kami of Whispered hopes, but that's another one for you to play with and see what you like. \nPollenbright Druid is decent, but Evolution Sage triggers more often.\nWall of Roots is decent, but Gwenna, Eyes of Gaea will likely be more valuable to you.\nFor some budget ramp, I'd personally encourage anything that synergises with your proliferate sub theme, especially Astral Cornucopia, and Everflowing Chalice, but also things such as Empowered Auto-generator, and Replicating Ring. It won't happen often, but they're premiere ramp to begin with, so when mixed with Proliferate, can get pretty silly.\n\n"},{"attributes":{"underline":true,"bold":true},"insert":"Power Level"},{"insert":"\nJohn hit the hammer on the head; power level is incredibly relative, usually one of the key deciding factors in that being \"Do we include cEDH in the same, or a separate scale?\"\nA high power commander deck is one that is effectively set to win in turns 3-4. This could mean that they set up their stax, they storm off, or they have a commander how can one shot. \nYou can essentially judge power level like that, and it is usually more productive to do so. Given your lack of tutors, and rather modest ramp, I would say that your deck is closer to a moderate power commander; if it isn't interacted with it will get out of control, but well timed removal will help prevent any serious over-running, assuming your opponents are playing at a similar level. Other precons would have a bit of a hard time against you, but could do it if you didn't acknowledge their threats. You would likely have a hard time against high power decks, but could quite possibly win if you played the table smartly.\nIf you must put numbers on it, I personally put the high power range at 8-10, the moderate power range at 6 and 7, and the low power/precon range and 6 and below (6 being the LCI, and newer precons, which are all surprisingly strong.)\nYour deck likely sits at a 6.5, but admittedly, you'd have to play that to really judge. Do note that the above mentioned scale doesn't consider cEDH. If it did, the scale would look more like..\nLow = 1-4 Medium=4-6 High=6-8 cEDH=8-10\nIn which case you'd be sitting closer to a 4 or 5.\n\nHope this gives you a bit of an idea of some of the possibilities of the game, and gets the deck to a spot you can be a bit happier with!\nHappy brewing! \n"}]}