Need help to make cuts in my commander deck

blobinours avatarblobinours 4 months
{"ops":[{"insert":"Hi, I've been playing with this deck with my friends quite a lot lately, and they told me that it was super tough to go against (i'm winning about 4 games out of 6 in 4 player commander). The thing is that as you should notice it is just the planeswalker party precon with some upgrades that I found whilst searching for good cards to put in the deck, i already ditched my no fun button which was jokulhaups but I do not want to ruin the decklist by just cutting with my poor knowledge. We mostly run some upgraded precons with my friends (we upgrade the mana base, consistency and put useful staples in them) if that helps situate at which level i should tune down my deck to stay on par with them (if i should at all).\nhere is the list down below :\nhttps://archidekt.com/decks/6141252/planeswalker_jeskai\n"}]}
Edited 12/15/2023, 9:19:46 AM
gssasa avatargssasa 4 months
{"ops":[{"insert":"one thing is to remove extra turn cards that do not actually synergyze, unlike saviour the moment. it will lower your power level without getting stuck on mana/draw.\n"}]}
blobinours avatarblobinours 4 months
{"ops":[{"insert":"Thanks for the suggestion, I removed most of my extra turns and replaced with protection and creatures removal (out : dovin baan, teferi master of time, savor the moment, karnn's temporal sundering and in : kazzul tyrant of the cliffs, ajani steadfast, path to exile and wall of denial) I think I will test it out as it is on our next session. There could be some changes to planeswalker like rowan or will kenrith but I don't think I have what's necessary to replace them in my other cards and decks right now anyway. Thanks again anyway for helping me not to make my deck unplayable whilst trying to nerf it x)\n"}]}
DynamoDan avatarDynamoDan 4 months
{"ops":[{"insert":"Hi Blobinours!\n\nAs gssasa said, removing extra turns is definitely a good start! You may be surprised to know, but the latest precons (Commander Masters and Ixalan especially) have been some of the best decks, and the best value they have ever printed. Planeswalker party, out of the box, was also surprisingly strong (having bought it myself.)\nI like that you put in Wall of Denial. It's a pet favourite of mine. \n\nMy only other suggestion would maybe be to cut the Sol Ring, and Smothering Tithe, but honestly only do that if you're still feeling overpowered. That, or trying to go for some different interactions could be fun, such as Radiant Performer and the Talent enchantments (Teferi's Talent, Rowan's Talent, etc.)\nSub-themes or a secondary objective can also be a decent way, but another aspect of being a tough opponent is skills, tactics, and cunning. \n\nSomething I often do, especially with less experienced/new players, is I'll encourage better usage of their instants or sorceries, or the most efficient usage of their spells, and teach better mana tapping practices. This might be \"They're trying to Path your dude, but if you flicker them, you may lose out on combat, but you get to keep your dude\" or \"Leave your command tower untapped; it taps for more kinds of mana than that untapped plains.\" \n\nBut otherwise, just give it a play and see how you go!\nI hope you can all find a happy, middle ground! There's nothing wrong with one person willing a lot afterall, as long as everyone has fun - some people are just better at the game, and have a good sense for it, afterall! \n"}]}
gssasa avatargssasa 4 months
{"ops":[{"insert":"there are some small planeswalkers that give card selection, mostly a tibalt, this might help your deck as it is now hard to get the end step trigger on the commander the turn you cast it. use 2-3 mana planeswalkers to guarantee that. tibalt is especialy good I think. \n\nyou should cut the recursion in "},{"attributes":{"color":"#111111"},"insert":"favour of protection. it is not worth the effective loss of a card when your board isn't wiped, and the cards aren't exiled. it's too situational for something some 2/3/4 mana cards do too, and they even keep the counters you are putting on them."},{"insert":"\n\ni"},{"attributes":{"color":"#111111"},"insert":"f you have questions about if a specific card/set of cards should or should not be in your deck, look at the amount of pieces you need; board wipe (5-10) spot removal (10-15) draw (15-20) ramp (10-20) "},{"insert":"\nthis card has synergy (10-15)\n then remove the expensive/unsynergetic ones as best as you can. see this as a guideline to where to look "},{"attributes":{"color":"#111111"},"insert":"for improvements, and not a rule."},{"insert":"\n"}]}
DynamoDan avatarDynamoDan 3 months
{"ops":[{"insert":"Up to 10 board wipes?! \nI for the most part agree with the rest of the numbers, but personally favour less draw for more synergy (because drawing draw cards when you need synergy ones makes decks kind of dawdle), but as a rough guideline it's decent \n"}]}