Advice on how to improve?

{"ops":[{"insert":"Hey there people,\n\nThis deck is quite amazing and the first deck I have made and feel quite confident in. I understand that my weakness is in the area of heavy removal. I'm not looking for the ability to handle that situation (you can't beat them all). Though I am unsure that it's nearly as powerful as it gets. I am willing to spend a bit of money (within $200) to swap out cards for better options. I like the mana curve because it keeps my deck working speedy and smoothly, so the tough part is upgrading without messing that up too much.\n\nYou should be able to find my description of how the deck works if not, I can try to comment it later.\n\nThank you kindly for any advice, this is the deck.\nhttps://archidekt.com/decks/5996250/lunarchs_legion\n"}]}
{"ops":[{"insert":"This is my personal description of how I wanted to and made this deck.\n\n\n\"This is a creature heavy strategy deck. This white deck's whole purpose is to make your opponents creatures not valuable to them at all. Tap target creature, negate some or all damage dealt by a creature(s) (or source of choice), and life gain. That last part is so that even if they do attack this deck somehow, I still have a cushion making their creatures less valuable. While doing all of this, most every creature grows in strength very easily in this deck. Allowing you to hit as hard as you can while assured that you opponents can't hit you when you are down.\"\n"}]}
{"ops":[{"insert":"So, the deck looks okay to me, but i would add A LOT more ramp. 1 just isnt enough for me. That might just be my preference though.\n"}]}
{"ops":[{"insert":"I am not a large fan of Mana coming in tapped. It slows me down by a turn and sometimes it's not worth it in my personal opinion. If you can find ramp that is worth it for the tapped Mana price, or doesn't come in tapped I'll take some ideas.\n"}]}
DynamoDan avatarDynamoDan 4 months
{"ops":[{"insert":"Hi.. Archidekt user!\n\nYou're quite right the deck is in a solid spot, but I have a couple suggestions if you're looking to push it to the max.\n\nFirst of all, dealing with removal:\nYour Temple is Under Attack,\nFlawless Maneuver,\nLoran's Escape, \nTake up the Shield,\nand Blacksmith's Skill are all top class protection spells that allow you to reduce how often your opponents interaction is successful. I'd personally take out Ajani's Presence, as while strive is cool and all, it's pretty unwieldy.\nWithout ramp in the deck, protection is even more important, as it means when you do get Mikaeus out, you aren't risking wasting 2-3 turns because your opponents remove him immediately. Additionally, it helps keep S-tier creatures like Ajani's Pridemate out for longer.\nAnother route you can go down with protection is flickering your creatures, so then not only can you protect them, but you can get the ETB effects again.\n\nWith how much life gain you have, I'd also recommend \nSuture Priest, \nDaxos, Blessed by the Sun,\nand Heliod, Sun-Crowned. \nHeliod especially, as it lets you make Mikaeus bigger. It also gives you the opportunity for some silliness with Walking Ballista (i.e an infinite) but that's not for everyone. \n\nSeeing as you have effects like \"Enters the battlefield, do ____\" then a Teleportation Circle may not go astray. Additionally, this will synergise with your life-gain on creature ETB effects, so you'll be getting double the benefits. It also lets you use more creature-focused removal to keep opponent's board states in check, because as it stands, any deck that goes direct player kills (burn, storm, mill) are the bane of this deck. \n\nIn order to make room for these things, you could pretty well cut a majority of the \"Prevent the next x damage\" cards, as those effects are relatively weak in Commander. Of course, they work - they're just not very strong. You're better off with totally hosing your opponents, with cards like: \nSurge of Salvation, \nTeferi's Protection, \nErrie Interference, and so on. \nAnother good addition to this would be Teyo, the Shield Mage, and Leyline of Sanctity\n\nYou may find including the Thalia, Heretic Cathar and Blind Obedience valuable. \nEspecially Blind Obedience, because extort will let you slowly drain the table, and just be another source of life for you. Additionally, with the general lack of destruction, it'll be especially important to hose opponent's artifacts - even if they are technically going down in mana by casting them, going \"Thran Dynamo, Hedron Archive, Arcane Signet, pass?\" means they'll be up 6 mana next turn. If all of those entered tapped? They could maybe be up 3 mana, which is much less scary. It also means people can't ramp and leave interaction up. \n"},{"attributes":{"italic":true},"insert":"Side note: Cards with Extort are legal, because Extort is a keyword ability, and therefore the hybrid b/w mana is part of the reminder text, and not considered for the colour identity"},{"insert":" \n\nSome staple white creatures which would serve you well are:\nSun Titan,\nSerra Ascendant, \nCharming Prince,\nLion Sash,\nand Skyclave Apparition.\nYou may find you also struggle a bit against decks that vomit out tokens, because as good as tapping people's creatures down is, that only works for as long as they remain tapped. A squirrel or Elf deck, if it keepings being allowed to vomit out tokens, will eventually get ahead. As such, I would personally also recommend some more board wipes:\nDoomskar,\nExpel the Interlopers,\nSlaughter the Strong, \nand Cleansing Nova are all good mass removal. Seeing as you don't strictly speaking need your enchantments (why do you have so many auras which control opponents critters?) you can get away with mass wiping artifacts and enchantments. If you don't wanna be hit by your own board wipes, then Clever Concealment is first class evasion for that too. \nFarewell can be a good emergency rip-chord too, but let it be known that it can also earn some ire.\nIf your stuff is getting removed, then mass reanimation like Ascend from Avernus can be a game win on the spot, as all those etbs will get you life, removal, etc etc.\n\nIn summary, you have a solid game plan, and have executed it in a decent way, but Commander isn't a format with as oppressively blatant \"Good matchups,\" as it's multiplayer; you should have a little bit of everything, even if that little-bit-of-everything is achieved via a single means (i.e an all creatures deck that interacts.) Additionally, in a 40 life format with 100 card singleton decks, a 2 mana 3/3 flyer has less meaning than a well timed board wipe, or some much needed graveyard hate, and often gets beaten out by the critters with good words on them.\nSorry it's a bit long, but I hope you find the suggestions useful! \n"}]}
Edited 12/14/2023, 11:18:05 PM
{"ops":[{"insert":"Thank you very much for your advice. I will be using a considerable amount of these cards in me deck asap. In your opinion, would Ephemerate be a good enough swap for your suggestion of Teleportation Circle? No it's not the same but it activates a particular creatures ETB two times back to back for 1 W mana.\n"}]}