Help me build my first deck!!!

Vipeh avatarVipeh 5 months
{"ops":[{"insert":"any sugestions?\n\nlow budget (not more then 50$)\n\nhttps://archidekt.com/decks/5948609/saruman_of_\n"}]}
Edited 11/25/2023, 4:29:14 PM
John_Sherwood avatarJohn_Sherwood 5 months
{"ops":[{"insert":"Welcome to Commander!\n\nRun more lands. This deck will fall on its face at 29 lands. I recommend starting at 38 and tuning from there as you get reps in."},{"attributes":{"list":"ordered"},"insert":"\n"},{"insert":"If you want to win with mill on a budget, then I recommend you include an infinite combo or two."},{"attributes":{"list":"ordered"},"insert":"\n"},{"insert":"\nLucky for you, you can accomplish both 1 and 2 at the same time. "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Walking Atlas"}},{"insert":" "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Retreat to Coralhelm"}},{"insert":" and bounce lands like "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Dimir Aqueduct"}},{"insert":" and "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Guildless Commons"}},{"insert":" make infinite landfall. Add "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Ruin Crab"}},{"insert":" and "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Hedron Crab"}},{"insert":" and your infinite landfall triggers infinitely mill your opponenents. "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Tideforce Elemental"}},{"insert":" is another card that can help. "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Retreat to Hagra"}},{"insert":" gives you the opportuniity to turn the combo into infinite Drain. You can run a few more cheap tutors to make the deck more consistent. \n\nTo make any changes, you'll need to make cuts. Cut the cards that fail to do one of the following:\nGiving you resources."},{"attributes":{"list":"ordered"},"insert":"\n"},{"insert":"Advancing/protectinng your game plan"},{"attributes":{"list":"ordered"},"insert":"\n"},{"insert":"Disrupting your opponents"},{"attributes":{"list":"ordered"},"insert":"\n"},{"insert":"\nPrime example: Sleep-Cursed Faerie costs resources without doing anything for your game plan, and does nothing to your opponents unless you wait multiplle turns or spend extra mana. Follow this pattern of evaluation and you should be able to find a lot of cards that don't belong in your deck.\n\nGood luck. I'm happy to answer any other questions.\n"}]}
Vipeh avatarVipeh 5 months
{"ops":[{"insert":"Thanks for the Ideas!!! I made some modifications to the deck and and added my own infinite combo using Ashiok, Wicked Manipulator Blood Celebrant and Jace, Wielder of Mysteries,"},{"attributes":{"color":"#16161d"},"insert":" by exiling my own deck then drawing a card with some draw card, im also starting to see the deck with other eyes so my prespective on what I have to do is changing and im starting to like it more, also I realy liked your idea with that infinite combo, im at 34 lands, should i put 38 or 34 is good enough? and is there any other sugestions you have for me? If yes I would much apreciate them"},{"insert":"\n\nThanks for the help!!!\n\nhttps://archidekt.com/decks/5948609/mirko_vosk\n"}]}
Edited 11/26/2023, 12:53:03 PM
DynamoDan avatarDynamoDan 5 months
{"ops":[{"insert":"You really nailed the hammer on the head with this one! I have nothing to add bar my compliments to what looks like a solid budget commander deck, so good job with that advice Piandao, and good job with the deck building Vipeh!\n"}]}
Rjhue avatarRjhue 5 months
{"ops":[{"insert":"if you are going to be attacking with your commander lots of the time, maybe ad some enchants to buff Mirko Vosk\n"}]}