Development Update - Community Stuff

Jeremy avatarJeremy 12 months
{"ops":[{"insert":"\nHello brewers,"},{"attributes":{"header":2},"insert":"\n"},{"insert":"\nToday we’re excited to show off a new section of the homepage we’re calling “Community Stuff”. The idea behind the page is to curate a list of decks, cards, and other information derived from the Archidekt userbase that we’re hoping folks will find interesting. Details below!\n\nCommunity Stuff"},{"attributes":{"header":1},"insert":"\n"},{"insert":"“Community Stuff” can be found on a tab at the top of the homepage next to “My Stuff” (which includes the content that you’re used to seeing on the homepage). Here’s what you can expect to find on Community Stuff:\nRecent Decks - For those who were sad to see recent decks moved down the homepage, you’re in luck! We’ve moved it back to the top (sort of), but now on Community Stuff instead of My Stuff."},{"attributes":{"list":"bullet"},"insert":"\n"},{"insert":"Trending New Commanders - A list of the most popular new commanders within the last seven days, but only including commanders that have been newly printed within the last 90 days. (Otherwise this list would literally always just be the flavors of Atraxa at the top, sorry Atraxa stans). "},{"attributes":{"list":"bullet"},"insert":"\n"},{"insert":"Creator Decks - A list of decks that we’re curating from users whose accounts we will be marking as “creators”. To start, this includes folks like Joey and Dana from the EDHRECast, EDHREC and Commander’s Herald writers, and a few other names you may recognize. "},{"attributes":{"list":"bullet"},"insert":"\n"},{"insert":"Trending Cards - Similar to the Trending New Commanders, these are the top new cards that have been added to decks within the last 7 days, again only for new cards that have been printed in the last 90."},{"attributes":{"list":"bullet"},"insert":"\n"},{"insert":"Deck Tags - Top weekly deck tags being used and the top increased and decreased tags for the day. We’re not sure if there’s anything super actional about it from a user’s perspective, but we hope it’s interesting nonetheless. "},{"attributes":{"list":"bullet"},"insert":"\n"},{"insert":"\nThere are a few others that we can add as the situation calls for it, such as contest winners, a featured format (it’s set to Oathbreaker right now), and featured deck tags. All of these we’ll be updating regularly to shine light on some of the more niche or flavorful sections of the site as the seasons call for them.\n\nOne of our goals for this year was to help better foster the community on Archidekt, and we feel this page is a step in the right direction in doing so. If there are any data points you’d like to see added, anything you think we’ve missed, feel free to sound off below; as always, we’re always happy to hear your thoughts. \n\nMiscellaneous Features"},{"attributes":{"header":1},"insert":"\n"},{"insert":"Moved poem generate to the deck “Share” menu"},{"attributes":{"list":"bullet"},"insert":"\n"},{"insert":"Added battle 90deg rotation for battles in some menus"},{"attributes":{"list":"bullet"},"insert":"\n"},{"insert":"User avatars can now be uploaded by any user"},{"attributes":{"list":"bullet"},"insert":"\n"},{"insert":"\nBug Fixes"},{"attributes":{"header":1},"insert":"\n"},{"insert":"Fix some MoM card images being cached as not loaded"},{"attributes":{"list":"bullet"},"insert":"\n"},{"insert":"Fixed bug where going to the playtester from the deck sandbox wasn’t working "},{"attributes":{"list":"bullet"},"insert":"\n"},{"insert":"Added planechase section to the playtester"},{"attributes":{"list":"bullet"},"insert":"\n"},{"insert":"Fix bug where redirecting to a deck page after logging in looked as if you weren’t logged in"},{"attributes":{"list":"bullet"},"insert":"\n"},{"insert":"Fixed “owned” ribbon missing on some cards"},{"attributes":{"list":"bullet"},"insert":"\n"},{"insert":"Fixed report button not showing on some ads"},{"attributes":{"list":"bullet"},"insert":"\n"},{"insert":"Fixed downloading card images as .zip"},{"attributes":{"list":"bullet"},"insert":"\n"},{"insert":"Fixed Oathbreaker legality for "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Shorikai, Genesis Engine"}},{"insert":" (apparently a legal OB, who knew?)"},{"attributes":{"list":"bullet"},"insert":"\n"},{"insert":"Fixed bug where users couldn’t upload their own user avatar image"},{"attributes":{"list":"bullet"},"insert":"\n"},{"insert":"\n\nThat's it for today! What do you think of Community Stuff?\n\nIf you have anything to suggest or report, you can find us here, "},{"attributes":{"link":"https://twitter.com/archidekt"},"insert":"@Archidekt"},{"insert":" on Twitter, or over in "},{"attributes":{"link":"https://discord.gg/eZg3mvJd7v"},"insert":"Discord"},{"insert":". As always, feedback is greatly appreciated!\n\nThe Archidekt Team"},{"attributes":{"header":2},"insert":"\n"},{"insert":"\n"}]}
Timbob avatarTimbob 12 months
{"ops":[{"insert":"Feedback: you are awesome. \nok, maybe more of a note than feedback, but still. \n"}]}
{"ops":[{"insert":"That's very kind and that avatar is fantastic. Thank you. \n"}]}
TheBoyHP avatarTheBoyHP 12 months
{"ops":[{"insert":"Great job with the website so far! I've been using the website for about 2 years now and I use it constantly to brain storm. Thanks for all of the hard work you do to allow us to have a service like this \n"}]}
{"ops":[{"insert":"As always thank you for your continued support! Love these updates. I’m constantly trying to plug in Archidekt every single chance I get. It is still the best deck builder/collection tracker I’ve used! \n\nEDIT: Question! For OathBreaker decks, as it seems to be the kid in town, are we going to get official default categories for OathBreaker and Signature spell? \n"}]}
Edited 4/18/2023, 5:16:41 PM
{"ops":[{"insert":"We don't have imminent plans for the Oathbreaker command zone categories. It'd certainly be a nice touch, but functionally doesn't change much for the user so it hasn't moved up the priority list yet. If the format continues to grow and maintain interest though, this will definitely be something we figure out! In the meantime, you can of course adjust the name of the Commander category to Oathbreaker and create a second one toggled onto premier for your Signature Spell (fully acknowledging this is annoying to do in each deck).\n\n(Also, thank you for the kind words, it really means a lot.)\n"}]}
AcadianBacon avatarAcadianBacon 12 months
{"ops":[{"insert":"Appreciate the updates. Something I've noticed with bulk-adding to your collection is that card names with commas or apostrophes tend to cause errors, any advice on how to work around that?\n"}]}
{"ops":[{"insert":"Importing how? Via csv, or via text?\n"}]}
AceV avatarAceV 12 months
{"ops":[{"insert":"Feedback: In my opinion it's the constant improvement "},{"attributes":{"italic":true},"insert":"and"},{"insert":" listening to the community that really makes Archidekt the best collection and deck management site there is! Great job as always!\n"}]}
{"ops":[{"insert":"So glad to hear you're enjoying things. Thank you!\n"}]}
AceV avatarAceV 12 months
{"ops":[{"insert":"If you have anything to suggest"},{"attributes":{"blockquote":true},"insert":"\n"},{"insert":"I'd like to echo my old suggestion of enabling the foil filter when viewing our collections. :) Makes it easier to check for multiple versions of the same card in one collection as it provides another visual cue. :)\n"}]}
{"ops":[{"insert":"To be honest, I thought we had already implemented this. I'll add it back to the to-do list!\n"}]}
daem0nfaust avatardaem0nfaust 12 months
{"ops":[{"insert":"I'm here to fanboy with these Creator decks\n"}]}
{"ops":[{"insert":"enjoying the new features\n"}]}