Need help with avacyn angel and taxes deck.

{"ops":[{"insert":"this is going To be my first .edh deck.. It’s a mono white control deck loosely based of of death and taxes. Running avacyn angel of hope as my general to start as she’s one of my favorite cards. And she protects my board and combos with MLD. I am running an equipment subtheme for utility and world slayer. and some other angels as curve toppers.\n\nwould like some advice on the deck and currently need to cut some cards. Other suggestions also would be nice. Trying to keep this budget so try to keep suggestions around 5$. Or less. Most of the expensive cards I already own. Currently just under my starting budget.\n\n"},{"attributes":{"link":"https://archidekt.com/decks/78401#Avacyn’s_angel_and_taxes"},"insert":"Avacyn angel and taxes"},{"insert":"\n"}]}
Slapdash avatarSlapdash 4 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"I have played against a board wipe / MLD tribal Avacyn deck before. My biggest recommendation is to remove a lot of the higher costed creatures and add a LOT more ramp. Looking at your deck currently I see you have a few creatures that ramp you and a sol ring. I would add in a lot more artifact ramp. Ideally artifact ramp that can double as card draw in the late game. Also, if you are going the artifact / equipment subtheme, I would add in a Sram, Senior Edificer. Really cool looking deck that I would hate to play against! Good luck!\n"}]}
{"ops":[{"insert":"how much ramp does a deck like this need currently it has 10 ramp sources which seems like a lot. and 2 tutors for equipment that can be ramp. first edh deck ive built so not really sure what im doing. Though the rocks that sac for cards sound good with emeria shepherd. and some work with suntitan. May remove some of the more high cmc cards though.\n"}]}
{"ops":[{"insert":"Hi! So just a couple of thoughts. First of all, Avacyn is sweet, though I should warn you that mono-white EDH with such a high CMC commander is going to be "},{"attributes":{"italic":true},"insert":"rough"},{"insert":". Limited quality ramp and card draw is going to have you relying on topdecks a lot of the time. That being said, there are a handful of cards that can mitigate this a bit and would still fit within your budget:\n\n"},{"insert":{"card-link":"Thran Dynamo"}},{"insert":" and "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Hedron Archive"}},{"insert":" are solid ramp options, especially for mono color decks. \n"},{"insert":{"card-link":"Mind's Eye"}},{"insert":" could help a with card draw, albeit a bit later than would be ideal. Similarly, "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Oblation"}},{"insert":" is a neat trick for either tucking something annoying of your opponent's or targeting something of your own for a bit of draw.\n"},{"insert":{"card-link":"Eerie Interlude"}},{"insert":" is sweet for dodging board wipes and targeted removal on Avacyn while simultaneously giving you the chance to double-dip on ETB effects. \n\nBut really, my main advice would just be to play it. You'll discover pretty quickly what cards are under-performing or what areas need shoring up. I'm skeptical of certain choices like "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Thraben Inspector"}},{"insert":", "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Blade Splicer"}},{"insert":" and "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Honor of the Pure"}},{"insert":". I think you'll find that in EDH, they don't quite live up to their potential from other formats. Regardless, good luck! \n"}]}
{"ops":[{"insert":"eerie interlude sounds nice for the deck totally forgot about it. \n\nBlade splicer and thraben inspector are mainly in the deck because there cards that got me to look into the archetype. Also i wanted to get a bit more blink in the deck but there isn't really room and i think equipment package may be better because i can tool box with it even in mono white. Also thraben inspector can be searched for with ranger of eos if i want her. more than another 1 drop.\n\nmainly went with avacyn because i was torn on an angel deck or a death and taxes style deck. And i like avacyn and she works well with the land destruction. though mono white was a bit concerning. not really sure what a better commander for that would be. honestly dont really know much about building a deck for edh first deck. I kindof just pulled cards from thalia's and avacyn's edh rec page.\n"}]}
Edited 5/18/2019, 4:27:43 AM
{"ops":[{"insert":"I'm assuming the deck is on a budget, for death and taxes?\n"}]}