Changelog 0.10.0 - Card Search Overhaul

Jeremy avatarJeremy 2 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"\nHello brewers,\n\nToday, we have a large update that we’re excited to share with you!\n\ntl;dr\nQuick Add implemented as a new feature on the deck page"},{"attributes":{"list":"bullet"},"insert":"\n"},{"insert":"View, sort, price options, and deck filter moved on the deck page"},{"attributes":{"list":"bullet"},"insert":"\n"},{"insert":"Card Search receives a major UI redesign"},{"attributes":{"list":"bullet"},"insert":"\n"},{"insert":"Tabs and History added to Search"},{"attributes":{"list":"bullet"},"insert":"\n"},{"insert":"The Card Details overlay gets a facelift"},{"attributes":{"list":"bullet"},"insert":"\n"},{"insert":"Tweaks to the mobile toolbar"},{"attributes":{"list":"bullet"},"insert":"\n"},{"insert":"\nFull details below!\n\nDeck Page"},{"attributes":{"header":2},"insert":"\n"},{"insert":"We’ve moved a number of UI elements on the deck page and implemented Quick Add.\n"},{"attributes":{"bold":true},"insert":"Quick Add"},{"insert":" - Quick Add is a new way to add cards to your deck, located at the top of the deck page below the deck banner. Typing and selecting a card by name from Quick Add will immediately add the most basic printing of that card (non-promo, non-foil, etc.) to your deck. Ctrl+ ’ will focus your cursor to Quick Add on desktop. "},{"attributes":{"list":"bullet"},"insert":"\n"},{"attributes":{"bold":true},"insert":"View, sort, and price options"},{"insert":" - The options previously present under Views/Sort and Prices (left toolbar on desktop, bottom toolbar on mobile), have been pulled out and placed at the top of the deck page in dropdowns for clarity. "},{"attributes":{"list":"bullet"},"insert":"\n"},{"attributes":{"bold":true},"insert":"Deck filter"},{"insert":" - The deck filter using Scryfall syntax that was previously on the deck banner has been moved down to the same container as Quick Add and view, sort, and price options."},{"attributes":{"list":"bullet"},"insert":"\n"},{"attributes":{"bold":true},"insert":"Minimize elements"},{"insert":" - The new container mentioned above, Deck Stats, and Deck Tokens can all be minimized via the - icon in the upper right corner of their containers. "},{"attributes":{"list":"bullet"},"insert":"\n"},{"insert":"\nCard Search Menu"},{"attributes":{"header":2},"insert":"\n"},{"insert":"The “Add” menu has been renamed to “Search” and has received several significant updates. \n"},{"attributes":{"bold":true},"insert":"Shortcut"},{"insert":" - In addition to the magnifying glass icon, Ctrl+Enter always opens the Search menu on desktop. The account setting to bind this action to Enter/Esc has been removed."},{"attributes":{"list":"bullet"},"insert":"\n"},{"attributes":{"bold":true},"insert":"UI"},{"insert":" - The Search menu is now a new full screen UI by default. Dragging a card will temporarily hide the menu. On desktop, if you prefer a side-by-side view similar to the old Add menu, you can use the Lock button to lock it to the left side of your screen. A locked Search menu can have its width adjusted using the Shrink and Expand buttons. "},{"attributes":{"list":"bullet"},"insert":"\n"},{"attributes":{"bold":true},"insert":"Search modes"},{"insert":" - There are three types of searches you can conduct in the Search menu: Archidekt, Syntax and EDH Recs. These are functionally identical to before, but are all now present to switch between directly above the search box. "},{"attributes":{"list":"bullet"},"insert":"\n"},{"attributes":{"bold":true},"insert":"Filter and sort"},{"insert":" - Options for Archidekt Search that were previously present as icons below the search bar are now under Filter & Sort directly below Advance Options."},{"attributes":{"list":"bullet"},"insert":"\n"},{"attributes":{"bold":true},"insert":"Search tabs"},{"insert":" - You can now keep multiple searches open simultaneously using the Tabs button in the top left of the Search menu (bottom toolbar on mobile). Tabs are maintained across sessions on a device. "},{"attributes":{"list":"bullet"},"insert":"\n"},{"insert":"Search history - The History button (right below/next to Tabs), will display a record of your searches on whatever device you’re using. Clicking on any will reopen that search in a new search tab.  "},{"attributes":{"list":"bullet"},"insert":"\n"},{"attributes":{"bold":true},"insert":"Different printing indicator"},{"insert":" - Previously, there was no indication that a card was already in your deck if the version you were looking at in search was a different printing. Now, a different printing of a card already in your deck will have its quantity container changed to green (from gray), and a +[number] in a blue circle to the upper right to indicate how many copies of a different version of that card are present. "},{"attributes":{"list":"bullet"},"insert":"\n"},{"attributes":{"bold":true},"insert":"Additional card options"},{"insert":" - A new three vertical dot button on cards in search will present you with a number of options: add to Sideboard, add to Maybeboard, set as Commander, view card details (also accessible from just clicking on the card), and view all printings. "},{"attributes":{"list":"bullet"},"insert":"\n"},{"attributes":{"bold":true},"insert":"All Printings button"},{"insert":" - From the aforementioned card options, the All Printings button will bring you to a page displaying every printing of the card in question. Click any to select it as the version you’re currently working with. This button is also present on the Card Details overlay (more on that below). "},{"attributes":{"list":"bullet"},"insert":"\n"},{"insert":"\nCard Details Overlay"},{"attributes":{"header":2},"insert":"\n"},{"insert":"The Card Details overlay has received a significant facelift. \n"},{"attributes":{"bold":true},"insert":"Access"},{"insert":" - In addition to the arrow along the right side of a card in your deck, Card Details can now be accessed from the Search menu, either from the three vertical dot button or by clicking on a card itself. In function, this replaces the blue arrow that was to the right of cards in search previously."},{"attributes":{"list":"bullet"},"insert":"\n"},{"attributes":{"bold":true},"insert":"Layout"},{"insert":" - Card Details’ layout has been made more comprehensive. It is now divided into three sections: Card options (quantity, treatment, printing), categories (custom, maybeboard/sideboard, commander and companion), and other options (custom CMC, deck image, add to Collection, add to other deck). "},{"attributes":{"list":"bullet"},"insert":"\n"},{"attributes":{"bold":true},"insert":"All Printings button"},{"insert":" - As mentioned above, the All Printings button is now present on Card Details in addition to the old dropdown. This offers a more robust option for choosing the right version of a card for your deck. "},{"attributes":{"list":"bullet"},"insert":"\n"},{"attributes":{"bold":true},"insert":"Sideboard/Maybeboard options"},{"insert":" - When adding a card to your Sideboard or Maybeboard from the Card Details overlay, you are now given the option to add a separate copy of the card to one of those categories. This is primarily relevant to non-singleton formats."},{"attributes":{"list":"bullet"},"insert":"\n"},{"insert":"\nMobile UI"},{"attributes":{"header":2},"insert":"\n"},{"insert":"We’ve made some adjustments to the mobile UI. \n"},{"attributes":{"bold":true},"insert":"Search menu relocation"},{"insert":" - Previously, the card Search menu was located, unlabeled, in the upper left of your screen as the magnifying glass icon. It has been labeled as Search and moved to the bottom toolbar to improve one-handed navigation. "},{"attributes":{"list":"bullet"},"insert":"\n"},{"attributes":{"bold":true},"insert":"Search menu toolbar"},{"insert":" - When the Search menu is open, the bottom toolbar is replaced with the following options: Hide (in the same location as the icon to open Search), Tabs, History, and Top. Tabs and History are new features discussed under “Card Search Menu” above. Top will scroll you to the top of whatever search you’re currently conducting. "},{"attributes":{"list":"bullet"},"insert":"\n"},{"insert":"\nMiscellaneous"},{"attributes":{"header":2},"insert":"\n"},{"attributes":{"bold":true},"insert":"Default card printing"},{"insert":" - We’ve made some significant improvements to how we select a card’s default printing when exact edition isn’t specified. When you’re viewing single prints of cards (in Search or Quick Add, for instance), you should be given the most recent “basic” version of the card, filtering out things like Secret Lair, Double-Feature, random promos, borderless versions, etc. Please let us know if you continue to see anything amiss!  "},{"attributes":{"list":"bullet"},"insert":"\n"},{"insert":"\nSpecial thanks to all our Patrons in our "},{"attributes":{"link":"https://discord.gg/eZg3mvJd7v"},"insert":"Discord"},{"insert":" who helped both with bug squashing and design! As always, we greatly appreciate any and all feedback you have to offer on these changes. Feel free to leave it in the comments below!\n\nLooking forward, we’ve already begun cracking away at some of the top features over in our "},{"attributes":{"link":"https://archidekt.com/features"},"insert":"Feature Voting subforum"},{"insert":" so stay tuned for that. This year is going to be very exciting for Archidekt, and we’re so appreciative that you’re along for the ride.  \n\nUntil next time!\nThe Archidekt Team\n\n"}]}
{"ops":[{"insert":"Awesome job, y'all, this is a huge upgrade!\n"}]}
magnesium13 avatarmagnesium13 2 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"My primary complaint is that the search bar isn't selected when I open the search tab like it was before.\n"}]}
{"ops":[{"insert":"Use the \n\nCtrl + Enter \n\nKeybind. \n\nThis change was made because if we always focused the search bar it'd forcibly scroll you to the top, which would lose your place in search. \n\nUsing the keybind always focuses the input because we assume you actually want to search. \n"}]}
JasonPenn avatarJasonPenn 2 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"Has anyone noticed that the card images don't show up? Ive tried two different browsers and there's no image. the cards are there, it's not on list view, just the images arent populating.\n"}]}
{"ops":[{"insert":"Are you on a home network or somewhere else? We're getting our images directly from Scryfall now, and that sounds they could be blocked wherever you are. \n"}]}
MadHatter avatarMadHatter 2 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"Is there a way to set a default printing when building a new deck? I've found it to be a huge hassle now to change printings for my cards, its under way more steps than it used to be. It would be nice to have an ability to set a default printing so when building a new deck it automatically sets that printing for us. \n\nI'm not sure exactly what the current default printing function is suppose to do, maybe its bugged? I switched out a printing for some cards in one deck and in building another nothing I set had carried over.\n"}]}
{"ops":[{"insert":"There is not a way to set your own personal default printings. The printing we provide by default (if you're only viewing one edition) is whatever the most recent, non-foil, English, non-promo version of a card is.\n\nThat said, getting your preferred printing for a card should require the same number of steps that it used to. If you're on the Search menu, the \"Filter and Sort\" options contains a drop-down for Single Printing or All Printings. If you choose the latter, you'll see every edition of a card when doing your search and can choose whichever your prefer at that time. If you want this option on all the time, you can set it from your Account Settings.\n\nIf a card is already in your deck or you're searching with Single Printing turning on, opening the card details page (via the arrow on the right side of the card or just clicking on the card itself in search) will allow you to select a different edition either from a drop-down or the \"All Printings\" button (if you prefer a visual view). \n\nIs there some other workflow you're using? Any of the above (with the exception of the addition of the All Printings button) should be the same number of steps as pre-update.\n"}]}
Frozen avatarFrozen 2 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"I do not like the new Card Details UI. The see-through menu and buttons are much harder to read than the old version.\n"}]}
{"ops":[{"insert":"Are you using light mode or dark mode? I could definitely see there being a contrast issue for some folk that wouldn't be present with solid colors for the button backgrounds. I appreciate the feedback!\n"}]}
{"ops":[{"insert":"Can't see any decks now. No cards appear.\n"}]}
{"ops":[{"insert":"Is everything present except for the card images? If so, it sounds like whatever network you're on could have Scryfall blocked, which is where our card images come from now. We're exploring alternative setting options for folks affected by this.\n"}]}
{"ops":[{"insert":"Yo Archidekt Team — just wanted to drop a message, that you guys have an AWESOME platform and is my favorite online tool to use for creating decks. You guys knocked it out of the park ... I'd pay a subscription for sure seeing the amount of work you put it. So yeah ... you do an amazing job and there are tons of people around the world who are greatful for your efforts. Thanks so much from a very very very happy user!\n"}]}
{"ops":[{"insert":"Also! Just wanted to say I'm joining the Patreon! I just meant Subscription like ON this site and not a diff platform. Like a Lifetime Membership or something that could be purchased on here direct. Love what you guys built! Thank you again!\n"}]}
JESUS4LIFE avatarJESUS4LIFE 2 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"I noticed a glitch when in play tester. When I put a card from the battlefield in to my hand, the graveyard, or exile some of my cards will randomly tap or untap. (I am using chrome.)\n"}]}
{"ops":[{"insert":"I've seen this now as well, though it appears to not actually change the card's state. Like, a tapped card will appear to untap then tap, but always end up in the same position as it was previously. In essence, it appears to just be a weird animation bug. Has that been your experience as well?\n\nRegardless, there's a number of elements in the Playtester we're looking to give attention soon, so we'll address it then.\n"}]}
JESUS4LIFE avatarJESUS4LIFE 2 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"For quick add could you please make a way on the side of the text box to make quick add change from adding 1 card to adding 2,3, or 4? This would be great for starting decks. \n"}]}
adamdroid avataradamdroid 21 months
{"ops":[{"insert":"As a PC user, I'm not a fan of the extra thin scrollbar handle for general vertical scrolling on the website. Also, while right-click functions can be handy, they also appear when I try to right-click the price link below cards, and that interferes with how I tend to use the site, by right clicking and opening cards I'm ready to buy in a new tab.\n"}]}