Myr Deck, but too slow?

jblumka avatarjblumka 2 months
{"ops":[{"insert":"https://www.archidekt.com/decks/6781245/mr_myr\n\nIt works, it has several win cons, but as I play through in playtester, it's slow. Once I get Myr Turbine out, it speeds up a lot.\n\nI could sacrifice a few myr for more draw power.\n\nAlso I know I need to balance the mana producing lands (more W/U). And in general it seems like it has too much land.\n"}]}
DynamoDan avatarDynamoDan 2 months
{"ops":[{"insert":"I think your land count is fine. \nIronically, despite being a Myr deck if there's something you're lacking, I think it may be ramp, and probably some tutors. An important thing to note is that Myrs will have summoning sickness, and so can only start contributing mana the turn after they are played. Therefore, you may find that adding some more mana rocks, as well as some haste enablers, such as "},{"attributes":{"underline":true},"insert":"Tuktuk Rubblefort"},{"insert":", and "},{"attributes":{"underline":true},"insert":"Crashing Drawbridge"},{"insert":" may do you some good.\nAs for tutors, things like "},{"attributes":{"underline":true},"insert":"Diabolic Intent"},{"insert":", "},{"attributes":{"underline":true},"insert":"Profane Tutor"},{"insert":", "},{"attributes":{"underline":true},"insert":"Diabolic Tutor"},{"insert":", and so on will help you find the things you need, while being good budget options. As you're in 5 colours, "},{"attributes":{"underline":true},"insert":"Bring to Light"},{"insert":", while kind of expensive, is also very strong. If you have the means, more powerful and expensive tutors include "},{"attributes":{"underline":true},"insert":"Beseech the Mirror"},{"insert":", "},{"attributes":{"underline":true},"insert":"Vampiric Tutor"},{"insert":", "},{"attributes":{"underline":true},"insert":"Demonic Tutor"},{"insert":", and "},{"attributes":{"underline":true},"insert":"Imperial Seal"},{"insert":", all of which are premiere options. \n\nBeyond those two main concerns, I think the balance between payoff and myrs is a bit skewed, and the payoffs you are using are potentially a bit unfocused/not the strongest. As an example, I think that "},{"attributes":{"underline":true},"insert":"Leonin Abuns"},{"insert":" could likely be replaced with "},{"attributes":{"underline":true},"insert":"Inga and Esika"},{"insert":", and you'd find that the deck would more consistently be drawing cards, and finding myrs. Additionally, I think that "},{"attributes":{"underline":true},"insert":"Battery Bearer"},{"insert":" isn't that great in the deck, considering it has such a low mana curve. This could be replaced with another myr, if there are any you are missing, or something like "},{"attributes":{"underline":true},"insert":"Kinnan, Bonder Prodigy"},{"insert":", "},{"attributes":{"underline":true},"insert":"Alela, Artful Provocateur"},{"insert":", or "},{"attributes":{"underline":true},"insert":"Urza, Chief Artificer"},{"insert":". Sneaking a "},{"attributes":{"underline":true},"insert":"Skullclamp"},{"insert":" and "},{"attributes":{"underline":true},"insert":"Idol of Oblivion"},{"insert":" in there for card draw would help the deck.\n\nIf you want the deck to go a bit faster, things that have or give affinity for artifacts will mean you can dump your hand easily. Discounts are also always better than mana makers, because for every 1 mana less to cast, that's essentially another mana the discount has produced; "},{"attributes":{"underline":true},"insert":"Foundry Inspector"},{"insert":" and "},{"attributes":{"underline":true},"insert":"Jhoira's Familiar"},{"insert":" are both very good for this. You might also find that effects like "},{"attributes":{"underline":true},"insert":"Treasure Keeper"},{"insert":" and "},{"attributes":{"underline":true},"insert":"Scrap Trawler"},{"insert":" help you keep your board full, and find you more value. Especially if you start sacrificing and returning them. Similarly, you may find "},{"attributes":{"underline":true},"insert":"Ingenuity Engine"},{"insert":" fun. "},{"attributes":{"underline":true},"insert":"Symmetry Matrix"},{"insert":" is also kind of costly, so something like a "},{"attributes":{"underline":true},"insert":"Wondrous Crucible"},{"insert":" might be a good replacement, as it gives you artifacts, and also synergises nicely with Brilliant Restoration.\n\nLastly, "},{"attributes":{"underline":true},"insert":"Ashnod's Altar"},{"insert":" is a good sac outlet for a reasonable cost, and it means you won't have to solely depend on "},{"attributes":{"underline":true},"insert":"The Golden Throne"},{"insert":" to do graveyard things. If you put another sac outlet in, and "},{"attributes":{"underline":true},"insert":"Ascend From Avernus"},{"insert":" may also do you some good. \n\nHope some of these recommendations help, and happy brewing!\n(p.s, card names are underlined)\n"}]}
jblumka avatarjblumka 2 months
{"ops":[{"insert":"Amazing, thank you for the effort.\n\nRamp/Tutor would definitely help. (Now I just have to decide what I can cut!)\nI was going to add "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Fabricate"}},{"insert":" as an artifact tutor. I'll have to see what other tutors I can use.\n\nI do have one card that enables haste "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Alibou, Ancient Witness"}},{"insert":" , I was thinking to add something cheap like "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Thopter Engineer"}},{"insert":" \n\nCutting Battery Bearer makes sense.\n\n"},{"insert":{"card-link":"Kinnan, Bonder Prodigy"}},{"insert":" would be great! Both for mana as well as ramp. "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Urza, Chief Artificer"}},{"insert":" is already in my maybe pile, so I'll take another look at that one.\n\nQuestion about "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Skullclamp"}},{"insert":" . I keep seeing that as a suggestion, but as card draw for token decks, that only works if your creatures are 1/1. With a single anthem or one use of Urtet, likely nothing will be 1/1. Is the intention to just attack with it and hope someone blocks it?\n\nI am considering swapping out "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Fallaji Excavation"}},{"insert":" for "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Splitting the Powerstone"}},{"insert":" (single U instead of GG). But maybe swapping it out for something like "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Cultivate"}},{"insert":" might be better.\n\nSome other cards I thought might be good to fit in: "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Symbiotic Deployment"}},{"insert":" , "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Arcum Dagsson"}},{"insert":" , "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Saheeli, Filigree Master"}},{"insert":" \n\n\nAdding:\n"},{"insert":{"card-link":"Fabricate"}},{"insert":" \n1x more tutor\n\nConsidering Adding:\n"},{"insert":{"card-link":"Jhoira's Familiar"}},{"insert":" "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Ashnod's Altar"}},{"insert":" \n"},{"insert":{"card-link":"Ingenuity Engine"}},{"insert":" \n"},{"insert":{"card-link":"Symbiotic Deployment"}},{"insert":" \n"},{"insert":{"card-link":"Inga and Esika"}},{"insert":" \n"},{"insert":{"card-link":"Kinnan, Bonder Prodigy"}},{"insert":" \n"},{"insert":{"card-link":"Urza, Chief Artificer"}},{"insert":" \n"},{"insert":{"card-link":"Thopter Engineer"}},{"insert":" \n"},{"insert":{"card-link":"Arcum Dagsson"}},{"insert":" \n"},{"insert":{"card-link":"Saheeli, Filigree Master"}},{"insert":" \n"},{"insert":{"card-link":"Foundry Inspector"}},{"insert":"\n"},{"insert":{"card-link":"Cultivate"}},{"insert":" and/or "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Splitting the Powerstone"}},{"insert":" \n \nCutting:\n"},{"insert":{"card-link":"Door to Nothingness"}},{"insert":" \n"},{"insert":{"card-link":"Battery Bearer"}},{"insert":" \n"},{"insert":{"card-link":"Fallaji Excavation"}},{"insert":" \n\nConsidering Cutting:\n"},{"insert":{"card-link":"Leonin Abunas"}},{"insert":" \n"},{"insert":{"card-link":"Perilous Myr"}},{"insert":" \n"},{"insert":{"card-link":"Shimmer Myr"}},{"insert":"\n"},{"insert":{"card-link":"Hovermyr"}},{"insert":" \n"},{"insert":{"card-link":"Darksteel Forge"}},{"insert":" (due to $$$)\n\n(Obviously my considers adds far outstrip the considered cuts, so... choices...)\n"}]}