Non-legendary creatures you wish were legendary (to be used as a commander)

alex avataralex 5 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"Was brewing a deck that I intend on running as a "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Maelstrom Archangel"}},{"insert":" deck earlier and I figured id just assemble a list real quick of creatures that might be cool as commanders.\n\nLuckily for me, if a group were to ever take issue with maelstrom archangel I could just swap her for "},{"insert":{"card-link":"The Ur-Dragon"}},{"insert":" , but some of these cards have some genuinely cool and unique effects (obligatory "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Soulfire Grand Master"}},{"insert":" or "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Tamanoa"}},{"insert":")\n\nshoot me a comment if you have any experience running non-legendary creatures as commanders in unfamiliar playgroups, or if i should add/remove anything\n\n"},{"attributes":{"link":"https://archidekt.com/decks/54813#non_legendary_legends_:("},"insert":"https://archidekt.com/decks/54813#non_legendary_legends_:("},{"insert":"\n"}]}
Edited 3/11/2019, 7:09:43 AM
Yosituna avatarYosituna 5 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"No additions, but it makes me sad every time I see "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Voice of Resurgence"}},{"insert":" and think about how we could have had that as a commander instead of "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Emmara Tandris"}},{"insert":".\n"}]}
alex avataralex 5 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"right there with ya lol\n"}]}
xylltch avatarxylltch 5 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"I've always wished that "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Uncle Istvan"}},{"insert":" was legendary. Not that it would be great as a commander, but the art is awesome enough to build around.\n\nEdit: Whoops, I see now that you've already got him in the list.\n\nA couple uncommon creatures I've used for Pauper EDH in the past that could probably be legendary (based on the power level of some of Dominaria's uncommon legends) are "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Blaze Commando"}},{"insert":" and "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Sigil Captain"}},{"insert":" .\n"}]}
Edited 3/25/2019, 3:45:19 AM
alex avataralex 5 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"Oh man I know it. Uncle Istvan is the best\n"}]}
prextor avatarprextor 4 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"I don't know, but "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Uncle Istvan"}},{"insert":" could be a really strong commander, if you would build him in a somewhat voltron oriented strategy.\n"}]}
Nalianna avatarNalianna 4 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"I'd love "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Dark Confidant"}},{"insert":" to be a legend.\n"}]}
alex avataralex 4 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"Yes agree\n"}]}
VTMan72 avatarVTMan72 4 years
{"ops":[{"insert":{"card-link":"Prince of Thralls"}},{"insert":" would be great if he cost less than 8 mana.\n"}]}
alex avataralex 4 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"for real, such a cool card\n"}]}