Big Threat Multi Player Deck Help

{"ops":[{"insert":"Hello again everyone!\n\nI have been looking for a good 2-3 months for a great commander that I can kick some ass. I'm tired of being left behind in my LGS games where everyone is playing what feels like 2 levels higher than I.\n\nSo I have set my sights on Anhelo, the Painter or Malik, Grim Manipulator (AKA: Negan) both seem very powerful and pretty late game which is what I want. My budget s $600.\n\nSo far I threw together 90 cards of Negan because I feel like he may be more viable for the long run giving control over creatures and treasures for later. I did put alot of ramp in there, which may be over the top but I wanted to go over the top to make sure I can do everything. I think I may be lacking in draw though I can't find any good draw spells for cheap in mardu.\n\nhttps://www.archidekt.com/decks/7954708/negan_knows\n\n\n\n\nStill willing to switch to Anhelo because I love the concept of playing two big spells at once though I just haven't worked on tuning him that much. Just good stuff XD\n\nhttps://www.archidekt.com/decks/7572540/zom_anhelo\n\n\n\nThank you for your help in advance!\n"}]}
darkconfidnt avatardarkconfidnt 2 months
{"ops":[{"insert":"Negan feels more open-ended to me. I'm not sure what direction I'd go, so my suggestions are a bit scattershot.\n "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Sheoldred, Whispering One"}},{"insert":", "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Carmen, Cruel Skymarcher"}},{"insert":", "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Custodi Lich"}},{"insert":", "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Legate Lanius, Caesar's Ace"}},{"insert":" fit quite well. \nIf you're leaning more blink-heavy, "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Teleportation Circle"}},{"insert":" and "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Nahiri's Resolve"}},{"insert":" could also work.\nWith your edict-heavy approach, you may want answers against a go-wide or token approach, either full on sweepers or merely mini sweepers like "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Golden Demise"}},{"insert":". \nMardu draw options I like include "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Night's Whisper"}},{"insert":", "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Painful Truths"}},{"insert":", "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Laelia, the Blade Reforged"}},{"insert":", "},{"insert":{"card-link":"The Kenriths' Royal Funeral"}},{"insert":" (if you add sufficient legends), "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Queen Marchesa"}},{"insert":", "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Esper Sentinel"}},{"insert":" (if budget supports it)\nBoth "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Kambal, Consul of Allocation"}},{"insert":" and "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Kambal, Profiteering Mayor"}},{"insert":" could help buy time to the late game. \nWith all the creatures you expect to be dying, you could a) run more graveyard hate if you expect your meta to include recursion of their own, and/or b) run more graveyard profit effects of your own (i.e. "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Animate Dead"}},{"insert":", "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Reanimate"}},{"insert":", "},{"insert":{"card-link":"From the Catacombs"}},{"insert":", "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Nautiloid Ship"}},{"insert":")\n"}]}
darkconfidnt avatardarkconfidnt 2 months
{"ops":[{"insert":"For Anhelo, I'll assume your instant/sorcery top end choices are pretty flexible/interchangeable, so my suggestions are mostly on the engine of the deck - ensuring enough sacrifice fodder and enough card advantage\nSacrifice fodder ideas: "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Blade of Shared Souls"}},{"insert":", "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Curse of Disturbance"}},{"insert":", "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Curse of the Restless Dead"}},{"insert":", "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Lagomos, Hand of Hatred"}},{"insert":", "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Talrand, Sky Summoner"}},{"insert":", "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Gravecrawler"}},{"insert":" (and its cousins)\nRemoval ideas: "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Mayhem Devil"}},{"insert":", "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Tragic Slip"}},{"insert":" \nYour Zombie subtheme is great for tokens and sacrifice fodder; you could lean into it even more (i.e. "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Midnight Reaper"}},{"insert":", "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Headless Rider"}},{"insert":", "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Grim Haruspex"}},{"insert":") for your card-draw payoffs\nCurrently there's only 12 instants/sorceries. Anhelo probably wants twice that or more. Perhaps card draw + ramp spells like "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Big Score"}},{"insert":", and finishers like "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Mizzix's Mastery"}},{"insert":" (although that's often complicated to resolve)\nThese look out of place: "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Reality Scramble"}},{"insert":", "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Tendrils of Agony"}},{"insert":" (copying it only gives you one copy, not the full storm), "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Arcane Melee"}},{"insert":", "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Swiftfoot Boots"}},{"insert":", "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Sorcerer Class"}},{"insert":", "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Kardur, Doomscourge"}},{"insert":" (although it is generically good)\n"}]}