What is Tricky Terrain supposed to do?

adamdroid avataradamdroid 4 months
{"ops":[{"insert":"I'm playtesting it after ordering it, and I don't get it. I mean I can read cards so I know what they do, but not that many cards seem to take advantage of everything counters, and so many of the cards are really not playable in an optimized, even low level, deck.\n\nLet me know if I'm missing it.\n"}]}
darkconfidnt avatardarkconfidnt 4 months
{"ops":[{"insert":"best I can tell (from looking at the list and seeing some content creators play w/ the precons), it should play like a Simic landfall deck, generating absurd amounts of mana and going over the top. To get there, main payoffs are "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Cloudpost"}},{"insert":" and "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Sage of the Maze"}},{"insert":". I don't really see any Cave payoffs, and marginal Desert payoffs. you also have "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Dark Depths"}},{"insert":" + "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Thespian's Stage"}},{"insert":" _shrug_\nIt's pretty open ended in terms of enabling upgrades to capitalize on the 'everything' creature type synergy if desired (i.e. Allies, "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Kindred Discovery"}},{"insert":" , ...)\n"}]}
adamdroid avataradamdroid 4 months
{"ops":[{"insert":"What's funny is that with all the land tutors you can put in these days, that dark depths combo might be the strongest thing in it.\n"}]}