New commander ideas

Chaos13 avatarChaos13 4 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"Hey everyone just thought I'd see if the community had and good suggestions for any new commanders that are not pre con and maybe have flown under the radar, I've always enjoyed the offbeat commanders over the purpose built box toppers, so if anyone has any suggestions or ideas please throw em out no wrong answers here :)\n"}]}
Chaos13 avatarChaos13 3 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"So in case anyone is interested, I've found "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Archelos, Lagoon Mystic"}},{"insert":" to be one of the more interesting cards to build around(I haven't really put anything together yet so this opinion might change lol), any ideas on other options or ideas for this commander are of course still welcome\n"}]}
vince21 avatarvince21 3 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"Can't imagine it's not in the deck list, but "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Amulet of Vigor"}},{"insert":" is an obvious for this commander\n"}]}
{"ops":[{"insert":{"card-link":"Glenn, the Voice of Calm"}},{"insert":", "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Michonne, Ruthless Survivor"}},{"insert":", "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Negan, the Cold-Blooded"}},{"insert":", or "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Daryl, Hunter of Walkers"}},{"insert":"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!\n"}]}
{"ops":[{"insert":"Okay that was a joke.....Negan (and to a lesser extent Daryl) are actually fairly interesting, but honestly f**k Hasbro for the cash grab toxic bs. \n"}]}
whirlpool avatarwhirlpool 4 years
{"ops":[{"insert":{"card-link":"Toshiro Umezawa"}},{"insert":"!!!!!\n"}]}
{"ops":[{"insert":"Yeah that's definitely one you gotta build smartly, I've kinda always wanted to put together a Bushido/samurai deck, that might be a good one, thank you\n"}]}
Davallion avatarDavallion 4 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"I can't say that this IS a deck, but I've been toying with the partners from the Symbiotic Swarm deck: Yannik, Scavenging Sentinel and Nikara, Lair Scavenger. I was thinking there ought to be ways to use white blink and flicker effects to abuse Yannik's etb and accumulate +1/+1 counters. But on the other side, Nikara's ltb trigger seems like it's more likely to cause problems than to help. And while there are plenty of etb effects to consider, there are few ltb triggered effects that I could find. That may explain why I didn't find any decks running Yannik as a commander. But I'm not giving up on it yet. \"I have not yet begun to brew!\" - Johnny Paul Jones :^)\n"}]}
{"ops":[{"insert":"Yeah I can see how those could be a good pair, some blink shenanigans with yannik, then just keep the other one in the command zone to give you access to black lol, B/G/W is a super strong edh combo I almost ran "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Karador, Ghost Chieftain"}},{"insert":" over "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Meren of Clan Nel Toth"}},{"insert":" just for that white, but I kinda fell in love with playing meren, never played her precon just made my own from singles, much better :)\n"}]}
Endlessor avatarEndlessor 3 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"I recently built Vial Smasher the Firece partenered with Krark the Thumbless. The deck plays very different than what i've built to date. Vial Smasher deals random damage and I flip coins with Krark. I downloaded an app for random selection/coin flip which helps. I didn't saw that many decks with these commanders on Archidekt. In short, my deck plays spells that can cost less but have high CMC so Vial deals more damage (ex: Blasphemous Act, Bedeck/Bedazle, Beseech the Queen). With Krark, there is chance that the spell return to my hand so i can cast it again on another opponent's turn and trigger Vial Smasher again. Also, some free cast spells (Deadly Rollick, Deflecting Swat) which I don't matter return to hand (can cast those free for as long as I loose the flip with Krark)... which can trigger multiple time cards like (Young Pyromancer, Guttersnipe, etc.). Have cards too to help deal more damage such as Fiery Emancipation. Deck is relatively new and didn't have chance to play it that much and also in process of tweaking it, but to date it is lot of fun.\n"}]}
{"ops":[{"insert":"That sounds awsome I'm going to have to check that out for ideas on my ds9 deck (a deck that's all about gambling ferengi(goblins) screwing eachother over(sac for damage) lol) pls post it when you get a chance 👍\n"}]}
Edited 2/16/2021, 2:55:33 PM
{"ops":[{"insert":"you open to silver border? i built a Grusilda monster masher deck, tons of fun. i really want to build a Shrine deck, i think Sisay weatherlight captain will work well. i really like the decks that start with a theme and then work toward a commander. i built a rat colony deck with vela the night clad. \n"}]}
SedatedGoose avatarSedatedGoose 3 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"I was building "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Roalesk, Apex Hybrid"}},{"insert":" , with just tons of +1/+1s. Recently decided itll be transferred mostly to an "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Atraxa, Praetors' Voice"}},{"insert":" deck. Although it was really fun to build it\n"}]}
{"ops":[{"insert":"Yeah that does look cool and simic is always super strong, but ultimately I definitely see how a move to atraxa would be wise, a friend of mine runs an atraxa super friends build, and that is a nasty piece of work when it gets up and running\n"}]}