Building Ojutai. Pls help!

{"ops":[{"insert":"Hi! I've been want to construct a Dragonlord Ojutai EDH deck, but don't entirely know where to start. I've been looking at primers and found that most all of them are control or voltron, but , seeing as neither speaks to me in particular, I wanted to see if anyone has some alternative strategy I could build him into. Thanks in advance for any feedback and I hope you have a wonderful day! \n"}]}
Edited 5/16/2019, 1:13:54 AM
SlickSamos avatarSlickSamos 4 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"Hi Captain Pugsley,\n\nWhat do you want from your commander, because if you don't want Voltron you may want to consider a different commander?\n\nVoltron makes a huge amount of sense for "},{"attributes":{"color":"rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)"},"insert":{"card-link":"Dragonlord Ojutai"}},{"attributes":{"color":"rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)","background":"#ffffff"},"insert":" due to the inbuilt Hexproof and bonuses for dealing damage to an opponent."},{"insert":"\n\n"},{"attributes":{"color":"rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)","background":"#ffffff"},"insert":"If you wanted a Dragons and/or Spells deck, "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Taigam, Ojutai Master"}},{"insert":" would be a commander from the same plane/tribe and where "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Dragonlord Ojutai"}},{"insert":" would fit very nicely into the 99. Whilst "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Taigam, Ojutai Master"}},{"insert":" also cares about combat damage to get Rebound, he also ensures that counter spells can't disrupt your game plan, so doesn't need to capitalise on the Voltron aspect.\n\n"},{"insert":{"card-link":"Ephara, God of the Polis"}},{"insert":" would allow you to run multiple Ojutai creature cards if that is your jam but doesn't provide the un-counter-ability that Taigam provides. \n\nDoes any of that take your fancy?\n\nSlick Samos\n"}]}
Edited 5/16/2019, 12:56:45 PM
{"ops":[{"insert":"Slick Samos, \n\nThanks for your input! You are absolutely right in suggesting Taigam as a commander with Ojutai in the 99. I honestly had no idea how I wanted to run Ojutai as a commander, I just knew that I suck at playing control and would rather play Narset, Enlightened Master as a voltron commander. I mostly wanted to run Ojutai because he's one of my favorite characters from recent Magic lore, but Taigam does make much more sense as a commander while still keeping the Ojutai clan flavor. Thanks for your info! I think I'll get to work on a Taigam Spellslinger deck. :)\n\nSincerely, captain_Pugsley\n"}]}
Edited 5/16/2019, 3:57:33 PM