Deck feedback

cabennett04 avatarcabennett04 18 months
{"ops":[{"insert":"https://archidekt.com/decks/3260296#Zedruu's_Island_of_misfit_cards\n\nThis is the second deck I built, and have been updating it for a few years. Originally it fit the traditional bad gifts mold for Zedruu, but that was a fairly linear build type that was heavily reliant on having Zedruu out and was extremely telegraphed. Over time I found that lands were the safest option for swapping and gifting, and the deck evolved more towards a pillowfort/ weaponized card draw deck with a few janky combos. The deck still prefers to have Zedruu out, particularly for a few of the win conditions but she is more of an engine driver than a required presence for the deck to function.there are also a few sneaky synergies. Price of Glory and Sacred Ground work particularly well together for example when giving away Price of Glory, you get the card draw from Zedruu and returns your lands to the battlefield untapped. Wild Research and Library of Long also work well for a repeatable way to find answers. Venser also works well with it's plus one ability because it targets permenants you own not control which pairs well with Illusions of Grandeur and Delusions of Mediocrity. Many of the cards also work two fold by benefiting you or giving the option of punishing opponents if gifted. Mindmoil can interrupt spellslinger decks, and cards like dissipation field can protect you and then be given away when your ready to combo off with Warstorm Surge and Menmite. Chasm Skulker also works well with the amount of card draw this deck can go through. When in a pinch there are also a few alternate win conditions including Lab Maniac, Approach of the Second Sun and Aetherflux Reservoir. This deck is an ever evolving project for me and as you may be able to tell has received most of the expensive or powerful cards I've come across if they fit the deck. This deck sits pretty high on the casual power level, but probably has too high of an average cmc and too high cost/janky of combos to be too successful as a cede deck. As much as I'd love to run dual lands and Gilded Drake they are a little expensive and as they are reserve list cards unlikely for me to come by by chance, Serra's Sanctum being more of a lucky accident.\nAny suggestions or comments are always appreciated. I'm happy to answer any questions about the deck or have a conversation about it. Thanks for taking a look.\n\n"}]}
{"ops":[{"insert":"i would say your curve is wrong, try and have it go like 14 1 drops, 12 2 drops, 10 3 drops, or smth like this\n"}]}
TreeHugger14 avatarTreeHugger14 16 months
{"ops":[{"insert":"I think your deck is a little all over the place. If you could instead focus on 1-2 win cons (Ex. "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Aetherflux Reservoir"}},{"insert":") and build around that it would be great. Love the deck, hope this helps! :)\n"}]}