Hey friends, looking for some help with a goofy EDH clone creature-abilities-goodstuff deck

alex avataralex 5 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"I have an idea for a deck, but the sort of thing that I want to do is not easily searched for :(\n\nI basically want to take creatures that are \"balanced\" by going away when they do their thing, and make copies of them so i can keep doing the thing.\nthe only one I've found that really feels dope is "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Timestream Navigator"}},{"insert":" (and "},{"attributes":{"italic":true},"insert":"maybe"},{"insert":" "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Watchers of the Dead"}},{"insert":" )\nand then the obvious ones like "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Sakura-Tribe Elder"}},{"insert":" , "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Burnished Hart"}},{"insert":" , "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Glen Elendra Archmage"}},{"insert":" etc; but those aren't cool/goofy/janky (though I'll likely include them)\n\n\nHere are some cards that sort of sparked the idea for the deck:\n\n"},{"insert":{"card-link":"Timestream Navigator"}},{"insert":" "},{"attributes":{"list":"bullet"},"insert":"\n"},{"insert":{"card-link":"Soul Foundry"}},{"insert":" "},{"attributes":{"list":"bullet"},"insert":"\n"},{"insert":{"card-link":"Progenitor Mimic"}},{"insert":" "},{"attributes":{"list":"bullet"},"insert":"\n"},{"insert":{"card-link":"Lightning Greaves"}},{"insert":" "},{"attributes":{"list":"bullet"},"insert":"\n"},{"insert":{"card-link":"Riku of Two Reflections"}},{"insert":" "},{"attributes":{"list":"bullet"},"insert":"\n"},{"insert":{"card-link":"Mimic Vat"}},{"insert":" "},{"attributes":{"list":"bullet"},"insert":"\n"},{"insert":"\nso it'd be a clone deck (I'm thinking Riku for now), but cloning so that I can re-do neat/fun/powerful creature abilities\n¯\\_(ツ)_/¯\nlet me know if anyone has any ideas :)\n\n"},{"attributes":{"link":"https://archidekt.com/decks/2731#Anotha_one"},"insert":"https://archidekt.com/decks/2731#Anotha_one"},{"insert":"\n"}]}
Edited 12/31/2018, 10:43:45 PM
BeanDipBaron avatarBeanDipBaron 5 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"If you're gonna be cloning, maybe consider "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Keiga, the Tide Star"}},{"insert":" ? You can clone him, and because of the legendary rule, you could sacrifice the clone and steal a creature! Have him out + kicked "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Rite of Replication"}},{"insert":" = steal most of the board's creatures! Just a thought. Love this idea for a deck, let me know how it works out.\n"}]}
alex avataralex 5 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"ooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh\n\nnever realized how that deck worked. That's wicked cool thank you :)\n"}]}
clockwork12 avatarclockwork12 5 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"If your in red you can do [[flameshadow conjuring]] and no matter colors you get [[minion reflector]]. Each one will net you a copy when a creature enters if you put a small amount of mana into it. Technically you could do it with [[mycosynth lattice]] and [[mirrorworks]] too.\n"}]}
alex avataralex 5 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"ooo I like it. thank you\n"}]}
bugz_the_cat avatarbugz_the_cat 5 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"While it exiles at the end step, a nice little gem with Brudiclad is the original "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Saheeli Rai"}},{"insert":". She only makes one token, but pairing her with Avenger of Zendikar + turning all your little plants into Angers as well, would be a nice touch. It's another way of getting tokens as well assuming you need it.\n"}]}
alex avataralex 5 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"nice, thanks man :)\n"}]}
{"ops":[{"insert":"If you want to put "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Riku of Two Reflections"}},{"insert":" into the 99, "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Animar, Soul of Elements"}},{"insert":" might be a decent alternative. \n"}]}
alex avataralex 5 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"good looks thank you my friend\n\n"}]}
Joleson490 avatarJoleson490 5 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"Not necessarily jank but "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Giant Adephage"}},{"insert":" and "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Wurmcoil Engine"}},{"insert":" make for scary clone targets. Another trick is if you have an anthem effect of some sort, you can have "},{"insert":{"card-link":"Progenitor Mimic"}},{"insert":" come in as a copy of nothing and then just make whatever you want every turn thereafter. \n"}]}
Edited 4/10/2019, 2:42:07 AM
alex avataralex 5 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"thank you friend, thoughts appreciated :)\n"}]}