[Builder] Collection quantity/availability tracker (Archived)

Jeremy avatarJeremy 2 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"Currently, cards that you own in your collection are marked as follows in the deckbuilder: Cards you own an exact copy of have a green stripe in the upper left-hand corner while cards you own a different version of have a blue stripe. With this suggested feature, an element in the deckbuilder UI would also indicate to you how many copies of the card you own and/or how many are available (i.e., not being tied up in other decks). This could take the form of a tooltip when hovering over the green/blue stripe or different color stripes. Suggestions to that end are welcome.\n\nIf this proposed feature is of interest to you, give the thread a thumbs-up and leave your thoughts below! User interest in each feature will help us prioritize in development.\n\nEdit 8/14/23: We've recently exhaustively looked into this and, unfortunately, it doesn't seem possible due to database limitations (specifically query times). We're going to be archiving this post for now, but we'd like to keep the info around for the future in case anything changes or a different way of pulling out the data is found. Our apologies for the disappointment! "},{"attributes":{"header":2},"insert":"\n"}]}
Edited 9/5/2023, 8:50:20 PM
{"ops":[{"insert":"This would be very helpful. It would be great if in addition to the number of copies owned/available, the tooltip also shows you which specific decks the card is in.\n"}]}
fleckenwhatever avatarfleckenwhatever 21 months
{"ops":[{"insert":"Precisely this. I have a small pile of cards I use in multiple decks that I move around between games. Knowing where else the cards are in use from within the deck builder, rather than having to have a second tab open to My Collection, would be wonderful.\n"}]}
GotRum avatarGotRum 2 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"This would be very helpful and prevent the need from having to jump between the deck builder and searching my collection list. I think there it should be configurable as to whether the total takes into account whether the card is used in another deck. A user may have decks saved here that they no longer have together. Or they could be building decks for MTG Arena, where the same digital card can be used in multiple decks.\n"}]}
Hauerli avatarHauerli 2 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"absolutly appreciated . currently its super hard to differenciate if a card is in a deck already or not. \n"}]}
Larcondos avatarLarcondos 2 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"Reiterating on this one! I was under the impression this was already how it worked - this would be immensely helpful for when I build a deck and export it with my collection status so I can easily not re-buy cards I already own!\n"}]}
danoospuchatek avatardanoospuchatek 22 months
{"ops":[{"insert":"I wanted to give this a bump. This really the feature I want most in a deck builder and collection manager. Currently, I end up having to add a different edition of the card to keep track of card quantities. This doesn't always work though, as some cards only have 1 printing.\n\nMaybe the color tag on the upper left could be a different color, or even the exiting cyan tag color for \"getting\" or red for \"don't have,\" and then a note in that pop up/context window simply saying \"Need X more.\"\n"}]}
Dhonmal avatarDhonmal 22 months
{"ops":[{"insert":"This would be a mayor help. Would make it a different color stripe if non are available\n"}]}
LordKrig avatarLordKrig 19 months
{"ops":[{"insert":"Yes please, especially now that the \"decks\" section is out in \"card collection\". But even with that back, this would just be amazing.\n"}]}
Larcondos avatarLarcondos 19 months
{"ops":[{"insert":"Ccompletely missed this on my last forum post! But I would love this to help optimize purchases and manage which cards actually in my \"collection\" versus my decks\n"}]}
wade42 avatarwade42 18 months
{"ops":[{"insert":"Yes, I would love such a feature.\n\nThe current 'collection' strip colors are Blue (other edition owned) and Green (edition owned). Maybe there could be Yellow for \"Owned, but unavailable\", with the Card Details page showing all editions owned, quantities of each, and which decks they're in. Just spitballing; I'm not a UX/UI guy.\n\nTo add on, though: In tandem to this, it would be nice to have a way to mark decks as \"theorycrafting\" or \"what-if\", so they don't count against the number of cards in the collection.\n"}]}
{"ops":[{"insert":"In response to "},{"attributes":{"link":"https://archidekt.com/forum/thread/3966969/1"},"insert":"your comment"},{"insert":" here about this feature:\nWe have a couple of major road blocks on this one. First, the query to pull up that information might just be too slow to be practical. But we also need to come up with a UI that makes sense. Adding extra color stripes for copies available/no copies available could work, but may only serve to further complicate an already confusing system. If anyone has any ideas, we're all ears! "},{"attributes":{"blockquote":true},"insert":"\n"},{"insert":"I have some ideas on this. I'm a backend developer by trade, so I have the skills to write the business + database layer of this requirement. Do you have a repo I can do a PR against so you can execute the idea on your dev infrastructure? \n\nI have some ideas for some of the UI as well. I hope you can read this, as this comment editor thingy doesn't allow nested lists. \n/deck/ page."},{"attributes":{"header":1},"insert":"\n"},{"insert":"You'll need a way to manage the cardInDeck <> cardInCollection relationship at both the deck and individual card contexts. \nPer card: an icon on the card image that shows different icons (maybe "},{"attributes":{"link":"https://icons.getbootstrap.com/"},"insert":"bootstrap's bookmark-* options"},{"insert":"?) based on the collection state of the card: 1. Not in the collection in any printing, 2. In the collection in this printing only, 2.1 is available (show available quantity), 2.2 is not available, and 3. In collection in any printing (tabulate each of the available printings + their quantity + foil/marked/other languages/etc status)*"},{"attributes":{"list":"ordered"},"insert":"\n"},{"insert":"Per deck: the modal behind the \"+ COLLECTION\" button would have two sections (tabs?): one for adding the deck to the collection (existing functionality), and another for syncing the deck with the collection. This section would likely tabulate all cards in the deck (maybe default to mainboard w/ optional checkboxes to include other categories) same as point 1.3 above."},{"attributes":{"list":"ordered"},"insert":"\n"},{"insert":"/collection/ page"},{"attributes":{"header":1},"insert":"\n"},{"insert":"Per collection: you'll need to show what cards are in what decks and in what quantities. I imagine a column that shows the card quantity could be a hyperlink to a new modal that gets that data on-demand. \n\n*If the cards only existed in their collection AND are tied up in other decks, maybe add functionality to 'remove' it from one of those decks and add it here? \n"}]}
Edited 2/11/2023, 11:31:33 AM
MasterOfNone avatarMasterOfNone 11 months
{"ops":[{"insert":"I really like this feature. So I know, whether I need to buy more copies of a card, or just search a little longer.\nBUT ....\nFor me, it would need to differentiate between actual decks and deck ideas/drafts, as I store both in archidekt.\nAn example might be a sol ring loving commander player. Every deck idea starts with a sol ring, but the amount of needed sol rings is only the amount of actual decks built in real life.\n\nThis overlaps with other comments, eg when storing mtga decks in archidekt.\n\nOne solution would be a special tag/flag of a deck, which indicates that all copies of cards included in the deck are to be recorded as not available in the collection, ideally showing in the collection, how many copies are in which deck. A first idea for the name of the flag/tag is \"affects collection\".\nDepending on implementation details, it could also be a special deck folder, where decks need to be moved into.\n\nI found a feature request for \"hypothetical deck\": "},{"attributes":{"link":"https://archidekt.com/forum/thread/2320932/1"},"insert":"https://archidekt.com/forum/thread/2320932/1"},{"insert":"\n\nAs mentioned in other comments, it would be a sensible default to exclude cards in the maybeboard.\n\nThinking about it, to me this feels much more like a feature of the collection, only as a consequence also of the builder.\n"}]}
Edited 4/21/2023, 10:21:09 AM
Fibrys avatarFibrys 9 months
{"ops":[{"insert":"It would be really useful! If this tooltip would link to a view, where I can see all versions of this card I own and which one are used in different decks, it would be even better. If from this view I could manage collection card/deck assignment, it would be perfect!\n\nExample:\nI have 2 commander decks. Decks A uses a proxy of a Lightning Bolt, and Deck B uses a SL version. I'd like to be able to easily swap them.\n\nI would also love to see a similar view on 'Card Settings' page (the one that opens when you click on > in the Builder). It would be great to see if it's used elsewhere, if I have spare copies, maybe add another copy to an existing listing, or move this card from an old deck to this one... Or add it to collection as a proxy :D Not every deck will have actual copies, and it's useful to know which ones contain them.\n"}]}
{"ops":[{"attributes":{"color":"#000000"},"insert":"Could you do this by adding in a feature to the filter and sort tab. For example if I have decks 1, 2, and 3 then I am making deck 4. I can go to the search then open filter and sort set Filter to my collection, paper, then set Printings to , All printings. Then under that it could have a filter called filter decks or something that has (Off, Show, and Hide). Off, would change nothing about how it currently works and everything would be the same. Toggling Show would pull up a deck page and you could select decks 1 and 2 from that page and then when you search it would only show cards from deck 1 and 2 in your results. This would be nice if you had two test decks that you were merging into a new deck so you could see those specific cards. Then , Hide, would work in the same way but it would hide those two decks from the results in your search so that you could not accidentally put a card that you are using in one of them into the new deck. I know that this would be a lot of work for you guys to code and it might take a long time to load when using the feature if it is built like that but I think that it would be worth the wait."},{"insert":"\n"}]}
Jedi012 avatarJedi012 8 months
{"ops":[{"insert":"I was pointed towards this feature request after submitting my own different but related feature request. Here is is in case anyone else wants to see it: https://archidekt.com/forum/thread/4801023/1\n\nI think I'm feeling a similar pain point as to other users when it comes to building out the decks in paper. I have a lot of cards, and it can be hard to keep track of where everything is at a given point in time.\n\nI think the \"Collection availability tracker\" proposed in this thread would likely help me keep better track of cards, however I don't believe it fully addresses the issue I am running into.\n\nHere is an example of where I this feature would fall short: Let's say I have Opt in 5 decks, and I have marked that I have 5 copies. Everything is great! Let's say I update my decks in Archidekt to remove Opt from one of those decks, and add it to an 6th. The collection tracker in this feature request would show that the deck has the card, which may or may not reflect reality.\n\nTo summarize, I tend to think of my decks in isolation from each other. I tend to care more about \"has this card been put into this deck?\" than I do \"do I already own a copy of this card?\" (See the linked feature for more context.)\n"}]}
RedAlphaWolf avatarRedAlphaWolf 8 months
{"ops":[{"insert":"I just recently joined the wonderful community here, I noticed the same thing on my side.\nTo be honest that would be the greatest feature of the site if added.\n\nIf I can add, I'm surprise this wasn't added in the last year and a half. I work in Telemetry and from what I see the site already have what it need for this feature.\n\n"},{"attributes":{"color":"#ffffff"},"insert":"-We can already see with the Blue stripe, we own the card in an other X version. "},{"insert":"\n"},{"attributes":{"color":"#ffffff"},"insert":"-With the green stripes we know which version we own."},{"insert":"\n"},{"attributes":{"bold":true},"insert":"Suggestion"},{"insert":": When the Number of cards own of that type = the number of Deck assign to it. Green change to Red. (Indicating the max have been reached).\n\nCode is already there for the Bleu and Green stripes (Which indicate the site can already see your collection. Only need a exception in the code line to change green to Red.\n\nCheck value Y (NB of that card type own) VS value X (Nb deck tag to the card).\n(Green=True, Red=False)\nIf Y= or higher then X = False (Red).\nIf Y is lower then X = True (Green).\n\nWith that little change we could track:\n-Blue (Own, but in an other version). Check if Available (Green/Red).\n-Green (Own and available in that version). Free to use.\n-Red (Own in that version but not available). Need to free it from the deck its in or buy a new one.\n\nKnowing which deck would be the cherry on the top, but not that necessary, a quick check in the collection and you know which deck its in.\n\nIf I could have access to a copy of the code/querry/source, I can probably find someone to help and make that change if you need help.\n\n\n"}]}