Deck

D3sertfr0g avatarD3sertfr0g 2 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"Hi. I'm pretty new to mtg in general and was wondering if this deck is worth the cost. \n\nhttps://archidekt.com/decks/2159080\n\nAlso, I noticed that Cardhoarder has an insanely cheap cost. Are the cards low quality or is it just waaay cheaper?\n"}]}
{"ops":[{"insert":"You made the right call to ask a community before you spend over $200 on this deck. If you don't own these cards yet, do not waste your money. This deck is doomed if you actually plan to take it to a comptetive Modern event. I wouldn't recommend it for casual play either. \nYour mana base is too slow and your mana curve is too steep. You're packing a bunch of \"you win\" cards, but your deck is not focused on winning with any one of them. Pick a strategy and focus on it. Protect your strategy and disrupt your opponent's strategy with interractive cards. Don't neglect your sideboard. In best of three formats, a deck is functionally 75 cards, not 60. \n\nIf you're trying to dip your toes in a competitive format, I recommend looking around the internet for a budget build. MTG Goldfish has some great ones. There's also a chance someone at your LGS will loan you a deck on Modern night so you can get a feel for the format and the community before you really commit financially.\n\nIf you're playing at casual tables, then save your money and play budget cards or proxies.\n"}]}
D3sertfr0g avatarD3sertfr0g 2 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"Thanks for telling me. My idea was basically \"haha combos go brrrrrr\" so it was just sort of a stupid meme deck, hence the name.\n"}]}