Archidekt Question: Deck Copying

Gretzky99 avatarGretzky99 2 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"Hello,\n\nI am fairly new to Magic, only started playing about 2 years ago. Learned a lot in that time when it comes to play game, mechanics, card synergies, politics etc. you know the drill. Started using Archidekt to better organize my thoughts than just a spreadsheet.\n\nSo question about deck \"ownership\" for lack of a better term coming to mind. I posted a Nadaar deck a while back and have been make small adjustment edits over the weeks and noticed someone else literally copied my deck (first draft of it), unique name and all and added it to their own Archidekt account.\n\nIs this common practice as a \"Save for later\" type deal because the person wants to try it out or is this someone who is just taking the build and trying to pass it off as their own? I understand no ones \"deck brew\" is their own but wanted thoughts on this. \n\nThanks.\n"}]}
RhettDaFolf avatarRhettDaFolf 2 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"In my case I look at other's decks and if I like the idea I copy it and edit it later so you may have seen it before they made any edits.\n"}]}
Chaos13 avatarChaos13 2 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"So I'd say this is definitely a divisive issue, so here are my personal thoughts on the matter, take em as you like. First off I don't like net decking, I will often get inspired by other decks but then brew straight to my play style/budget id prefer, although I have seen decks on here that are really cool and I'm interested in trying, so I've copied them to my collection, in that case I will keep the title that contains the copy label and usually try to put the owners name in the description giving them credit, if I have time. As I said though I'm sure plenty will disagree and say that even the most independently brewed deck isn't original cause some else probly made it too, but I at least try to give credit where credits due because I know how personal my creations are to me and to others, hope that ramble helps in some way 😊 \n"}]}