EDH Yarok im new to deck building so looking for any thoughts on my deck

Sn1pt avatarSn1pt 3 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"https://archidekt.com/decks/1173217#Yarok \nhere is the link looking forward to your inputs \n"}]}
Endlessor avatarEndlessor 3 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"Hi, I have a Yarok deck and i'm experienced in deckbuilding. First thing I noticed in your build is your mana curve is high. 10 cards at 6 CMC is a lot. Adding to that, for that high curve I think you are low on quantity of lands. This can lead to being manashort (having not enough lands to play your cards) or too slow (having many 5+ CMC in hand). Like if you draw your 7 cards and often have 3-4 lands and the remaining is 5+ CMC, then there is chance that you wont do much in the 5 firsts turns. If you experience such thing, I would recommand cutting some high CMC cards and adding more lands (about 38 would be better in my opinion). Also, consider that if you search for lands to put them ETB, you are reducing the number of lands in your deck and the odds of drawing into them as the game moves on. For example, in my deck, to ensure consistent land drop as well as ramping, I have 41 lands (my deck is oriented landfall).\n\nI have a little bit of blink in my deck too. I would recommand cutting ramp like Cultivate or Signets to replace them with more ETB ramp. Like maybe considering Arboreal Grazer, Elvish Rejenuvator. You can then blink these cards too fore more value.\n\nDon't know what cards you have access to and your budget, but Finale of Devastation with X=10+ can be game ending with Avenger of Zendikar. As well as Agent of Treachery and Sepulcral Primordial since when ETB, they grow your team. \n\nAnother card to consider is land Field of the Dead. One I like too is Keruga the Macrosage for card draw since it can potentially draw a bunch of cards (more than Muldrifter). For blinking, Dead Eye Navigator. When building commander decks I always lookout for cards that can have mutiple triggers. It is why for example I would prefer a slot dedicated to Dead Eye Navigator for blink than couple slots for 1 time blink (Displace, Ghostly Flicker). Spark Double is also good in my deck since it an copy Yarok. Having more Yarok on the field and getting multiple triggers fo ETB effects if very fun. For this, you may consider Helm of the Host over Conjurer's Closet. Helm is more mana intensive but can copy Legendary creatures (more Yarok? More Tatyova? More Ob Nixilis, Aesis...?).\n\nI hope these suggestions will be helpful. Yarok is my most fun deck to date and I love it. So you made a good choice I think to choose him as a Commander.\n\nHave fun!\n"}]}
Sn1pt avatarSn1pt 3 years
{"ops":[{"insert":"thank you for the suggestions i will take them into consinderation, and thanks for the general deck building tips.\nand would you mind sending the link to your deck for inspiration.\n"}]}
Edited 2/21/2021, 2:04:27 PM